|Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
|ACC1004: Business Law
ACC1004: Business Law Assignment, SIT, Singapore Joe wishes to sell his motor scooter On 1 October, he placed an advertisement in the Straits Times stating the details of the motor scooter
Joe wishes to sell his motor scooter. On 1 October, he placed an advertisement in the Straits Times stating the details of the motor scooter, including its age, color, model, and condition. In addition, he also wrote, ‘Special Offer. Only $8,000. The sale price is valid on 15 October only. Tel: 90111111.’ On 5 October, Joe received a telephone call from Meng, who inquired about the motor scooter in the response to the advertisement and asked about the highest offer Joe had received for the motor scooter. Joe replied he received an offer of $6,500 but would not sell it. Meng made an appointment to inspect the motorcycle. After inspecting the scooter, Meng decided he would buy Joe’s motor scooter at his asking price of $8,000. On 12 October, Meng called Joe to let him know of his decision but this time as Joe was not in, Meng left the following voicemail message for him, ‘Joe, I have thought it through, and I am agreeable to your offer price of $8,000. Please call me on my mobile at 98222222 to make arrangements for the payment and transfer of the motor scooter.’ Jeremy now does not want to sell the motor scooter. Required: Advise Meng if there is a binding contract for Joe to sell the car to him (Meng) at $8,000.
Comms Pte Ltd (Comms) is an advertising company providing video advertisements to their clients who are in the Food & Beverage industry. Deli Foods Pte Ltd (Deli) is a restaurant selling western cuisine. Deli wanted a video advertisement to promote their restaurant and wanted to engage Comms. Comms are happy to embark on this new business opportunity. However, they needed a confirmation that Deli is financially sound in that they are able to pay the video advertisement costs when the video is completed. Comms wanted Deli’s bank’s confirmation that Deli is in a credible position. Comms wrote to Deli’s Bank, Sort Bank (Sort) seeking confirmation that Deli was a credible entity. Sort did not check their records properly and confuses Deli with another client, Delicious. Sort replies to Comms saying that Deli is credible even though they have not dealt with such sum Comms is charging. Sort included in their response to Comms a clause ‘The information is provided without responsibility and Sort Bank nor any staff of Sort will not be liable for any inaccuracy. Based on this statement Comms proceeded to do the video advertisement for Deli, only to find that after the video was completed, Deli was placed in liquidation by a creditor. Required: Discuss if Comms can recover their losses from Sort Bank.
Asia Global (AG) had its general meeting attended by members recently. The members passed two resolutions, each with an 85% majority. The first was that AG should withdraw its offices and manufacturing plants in Sri Lanka given the uncertain economic and political considerations there, and the second to amend the company’s name from ‘Asia Global to South East Asia Global (SEAG) in line with their business being focused in South East Asia. At their next monthly Board Meeting, the Board of Directors voted not to withdraw their manufacturing plants in Sri Lanka. The Board also decided that the members have no authority to change the company’s name. Discuss if the directors can legitimately ignore both resolutions passed by the members at their annual general meeting?
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Struggling with your ACC1004 assignment? Look no further than MY Assignment Help SG. Our dedicated team of experts is equipped with the knowledge of business law and can provide you with the guidance you need. Avail of our Do My Assignment service tailored for Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) students and excel in your academics.
Tags:- ACC1004: SIT
- FMT315: Some of the broad strategies to optimize energy efficiency in existing building involve: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: There are several forms of renewable energy sources that are available for the built environment: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: “A well-designed building uses the right combination of both passive and active design strategies: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302: Compare how the Early Years Development Framework, 2023 and the Nurturing: Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302 Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Discuss at least THREE (3) key points that the author raised in the article with regards to children’s social:
- Case 7- Harley-Davidson, Inc. in 2018 Review-Harley-Davidson, Inc. was far from being the world’s biggest motorcycle manufacturer: Assignment, Singapore
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Outline Porter’s generic strategy of differentiation and explain, using examples from the case study
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Product development allows a company to modify existing products or develop
- BSP2701 Economics Assignment, NTU, Singapore: Under The Fractional Reserve Banking System, We Can Compute The Money Supply By Adding The Monetary
- PSY305 Exploring The Mind Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The following headline was featured in the Life section of The Straits Times on 17 November 2023
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices