|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||Advanced Consolidation and Corporate Reporting|
Advanced Consolidation and Corporate Reporting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Best Company manufactures skincare products. Lavie Co. supplies hair care products, and Parfum Co. specializes in fragrances
Best Company manufactures skincare products. Lavie Co. supplies hair care products, and Parfum Co. specializes in fragrances.
On 1 January 20×1, Cest Co. paid $290,000 to acquire 55% of controlling interest in Lavie Co., when the fair value of identifiable net assets of Lavie Co. was equal to book value represented by share capital of $100,000 and retained profit of $320,000. There have not been any intercompany transactions between Cest Co. and Lavie Co., except for dividends paid by Lavie Co. to Cest Co.
Assume it is now October 20×2. Best Co. intends to acquire 60% of controlling interest in Parfum Co. on 1 January 20×3, when the fair value and book value of Parfum Co.’s identifiable net assets are projected to be the same and represented by share capital of $200,000 and retained profit of $300,000. The 60% or 120,000 shares of Parfum Co. are to be acquired by paying $336,000 of cash in a single transaction on 1 January 20×3.
However, Cest Co. has not decided whether to directly acquire the shares of Parfum Co. or let its subsidiary, Lavie Co., acquire the shares of Parfum Co.
The companies present annual financial statements with 31 December year-ends and adopt the Singapore Financial Reporting Standards. All the relevant SFRS that was issued by the Accounting Standards Council as of 1 January 2022 are assumed to have been effective on 1 January 20×1.
The group policy is to measure non-controlling interest at the acquisition date based on the proportionate share of the acquisition-date fair value of identifiable net assets of the subsidiary acquired. All dividends are declared out of profit for the year and are duly paid and received. Ignore the deferred tax effects, if any, arising from the consolidation.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: What is the value of an investment in associates shown in the consolidated statement of financial position
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: Which of the following definitions is not included within the definition of control per MFRS10
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: XX acquired 80% of the share capital of LL on 1 August 2020 and is preparing its group financial statements
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices