|University||National University of Singapore (NUS)|
|Subject||Analytics supply chain|
Analytics supply chain Assessment 2 (Individual Assignment), NUS, Singapore There are a number of typical models in the Operations Research field
There are a number of typical models in the Operations Research field that can be applied to a wide range of supply chain problems. In other words, by learning a typical model various problems in the supply chain optimization domain can be addressed. Please note that the basis of all proposed problems is the methods that you have learned in this course; however, none of them has been directly taught. The reason behind the design of this assignment is that there are hundreds of problem variations with the same structure in the real business world. Therefore, by learning linear programming, students should be able to formulate a solution for problems that have a similar structure to a typical problem. Students are required to research one of the proposed topics and address the assignment requirements accordingly.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Step 1: Identify and Solve a Typical Problem
– Select one of the following typical models:
- Travelling Salesperson Problem (TSP)
- Multiple Traveling Salesman Problem (mTSP)
- Vehicle Routing Problems (VRP)
- Job Shop Scheduling
- Parallel Machine Scheduling
- Pickup and Delivery
- Flow Shop Scheduling
- Travelling Thief Problem
- Christmas Lunch Problem
- Newsvendor Problem
- Knapsack Problem
- Eight queens Problem
- Minimum Spanning Tree
- Hamiltonian Path problem
• Provide a detailed explanation of the selected problem.
• Provide typical mathematical model of the selected problem and clearly explain different aspects of the model (e.g. decision variable, objective function, constraints, etc.)
1.3. Solving an Example
• Develop a mathematical model for a workable and reasonable size of the problem.
– For many typical problems, when size of the problem increases, it becomes NP-Hard. In other words, your computer will not be able to solve it mathematically. Therefore, ‘workable and reasonable size’ here means that size of the selected problem should not be too small or too large.
- Solve the problem in Excel and transfer your solution to Word. It is required that the details and steps of getting the solution are provided in the Word document.
- Interpret the findings and discuss.
Step 2: LR on Application of Selected Typical Model in Design and Analysis of Supply Chain
• Identify at least 5 peer reviewed articles in which your selected typical problem has been employed to address knowledge gaps in the supply chain field.
– At least one of the selected articles should be published after 2010.
Write a comprehensive literature review on the application of “your selected” typical model in design and analysis of supply chain and address the following (but not limited to) points:
– What type of problems in a supply chain can be addressed by the selected typical problem?
– Compare similarities and differences of selected articles.
– Discuss the suitability of using the selected typical model in design/analysis of various supply chains.
– What are the limitations of your selected typical problem?
– Undertaking any additional critical and/or content analysis on the application of selected typical problem in design and analysis of supply chain is highly recommended.
Step 3: Summary of Findings
• A summary of findings regarding the strengths and weaknesses of the selected typical problem in design and analysis of supply chains should be summarised in this section.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Tags:- Analytics supply chain NUS
- BUS341 Business Negotiation: An International Perspective Case Study, MU, Singapore: What went wrong ( from an intercultural communication perspective )
- SOC263 Sociology of Education, SUSS, Singapore: There is no power relation without the correlative constitution of a field of knowledge, nor any knowledge
- English Essay, NTU, Singapore: Meritocracy has been upheld as a significant tenet of Singapore society. However, many critics argue
- Mechanical Engineering & Technology (topic strength of materials) Other, NTU, Singapore: A simply supported beam of a square cross-section of side 100mm with a uniform distributed
- Ports And Terminals Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Perform A Study On The Effect/Impact Of Oil Price On The Demand For Offshore Support Vessels (PSV/AHTSV) And/Or Mobile Offshore Drilling Units
- Mobile system and security Other, KU, Singapore: AMY Networks is a consultancy business that designs, installs, and operates different types of wireless and wired networks
- FIN2001S Economics and Market Innovations Assignment, UCD, Singapore: Discuss how can the mentioned multisided company use technology effectively to enhance business performance
- MGMT415 Airline Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Turkish Airlines Define Revenue Drivers, Cost Structures, The Importance Of Ancillary (Non-Flying) Revenues, The General Level Of Annual Profitability
- School of Diploma – PHRM: Individual Assignment Assignment, NYP, Singapore: DNR Wheels Pte Ltd is a leading provider of disability and rehabilitative equipment including
- BM1987 Employment law Assignment, NYP, Singapore: The ability to provide a clear and accurate summary of background, scope and coverage of the Employment
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices