ANL305 TMA SUSS Singapore: A Research Study Reported that one in five Hotel Bookings are Canceled Before the Guest Arrives at the Hotel: Association and Clustering
A research study reported that one in five hotel bookings are canceled before the guest arrives at the hotel. A last-minute cancellation or no-show means the room would be left unoccupied, which results in a loss of revenue for the day. Even if the hotel manages to sell the room again, it would probably be at a much lower rate because it is too near to the check-in date.
For a hotel, a high cancellation ratio not only impacts the revenue but also leads to poor marketing and low market share. To improve business, the marketing manager of hotel H would like to learn more about the booking cancellation issue.
As a data analyst in the marketing department, you are given a relevant dataset Hotel_Booking_Cancellation.csv, which contains a total of 2,417 hotel booking records. Your job is to help the hotel understand the possible factors that would affect the booking cancellation and assist your manager in evaluating the usefulness of the constructed models for the given problem. The details of the dataset are as following:
(a) Describe the business objective and data mining objective of the given business problem. Appraise whether the Association Rule Mining method is appropriate to study this problem.
(b) Construct an Apriori model on the dataset using IBM SPSS Modeler. The model details and interpretation of the results should include the following:
(i) Based on the given business problem, discuss how to set the measurement and role setting of the fields and report the screenshot of the final settings. (Note: exclude variable lead_time from the association analysis).
(ii) Set the Minimum Support = 10%, Minimum Confidence = 60%, Maximum number of antecedents = 5. Report the number of rules generated, and give a screenshot of the rules.
(iii) Analyse the generated rules by considering various evaluation measures, is there any pattern to help understand booking cancellations?
(iv) Change the parameter setting to: Minimum Support = 1%, Minimum Confidence = 10%, Maximum number of antecedents = 5, Evaluation measure = Confidence Difference, and Evaluation measure lower bound = 50. Report the generated rules, compare and discuss the similarity and (or) differences among them and the rules generated in part (iii).
(c) Suppose your line manager would like to study the possible impact of lead_time using the Apriori algorithm, discuss whether data preparation is required. If your answer is Yes, illustrate the details of data preparation and report the processed result.
(Note: you may use IBM SPSS Modeler or any other tools to do the data preparation if any, but no need to implement association analysis).
Looking for expert assistance with your university assignments at the Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)? Look no further! Our Homework Helper service specializes in providing individual assignments and assignment help in Singapore. Whether you're tackling complex subjects like "Association and Clustering" for ANL305 TMA at SUSS or any other coursework, our team of experts is here to support you. Don't stress over your assignments; let our professionals ensure your success. Get in touch today and ease your academic journey.
- BUS341 Business Negotiation: An International Perspective Case Study, MU, Singapore: What went wrong ( from an intercultural communication perspective )
- SOC263 Sociology of Education, SUSS, Singapore: There is no power relation without the correlative constitution of a field of knowledge, nor any knowledge
- English Essay, NTU, Singapore: Meritocracy has been upheld as a significant tenet of Singapore society. However, many critics argue
- Mechanical Engineering & Technology (topic strength of materials) Other, NTU, Singapore: A simply supported beam of a square cross-section of side 100mm with a uniform distributed
- Ports And Terminals Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Perform A Study On The Effect/Impact Of Oil Price On The Demand For Offshore Support Vessels (PSV/AHTSV) And/Or Mobile Offshore Drilling Units
- Mobile system and security Other, KU, Singapore: AMY Networks is a consultancy business that designs, installs, and operates different types of wireless and wired networks
- FIN2001S Economics and Market Innovations Assignment, UCD, Singapore: Discuss how can the mentioned multisided company use technology effectively to enhance business performance
- MGMT415 Airline Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Turkish Airlines Define Revenue Drivers, Cost Structures, The Importance Of Ancillary (Non-Flying) Revenues, The General Level Of Annual Profitability
- School of Diploma – PHRM: Individual Assignment Assignment, NYP, Singapore: DNR Wheels Pte Ltd is a leading provider of disability and rehabilitative equipment including
- BM1987 Employment law Assignment, NYP, Singapore: The ability to provide a clear and accurate summary of background, scope and coverage of the Employment
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices