|University||University of Essex (UOE)|
|Subject||BE313 Portfolio Analysis|
BE313 PORTFOLIO ANALYSIS Assignment, VOE, Singapore: Explain the concept of total risk of a security and the two risk components: systematic risk and unsystematic risk
Download stock prices for a company in any industry and for the market benchmark index in any country. Select monthly data (closing or adjusted prices) for 5 years or 60 periods. You can use any database to obtain the prices e.g., datastream, Yahoo Finance (click the Investing tab followed by the Historical Prices tab), etc.
Calculate the percentage change in stock price and the percentage change in the market index. Generate the regression (dependent variable –Y is the stock, independent variable- X is market change), and make sure to check the intercept to zero. All you need is the coefficient of X; this is the beta coefficient.
After calculating the beta, answer the following questions:
1. Explain the concept of total risk of a security and the two risk components:
systematic risk and unsystematic risk. Describe what happens to the total risk of a portfolio as the number of securities increases.
2. Suppose a company stock has a beta of 1.25. If the market falls by 25%, what might happen to the value of the stock?
3. Suppose a company stock has a beta of 0.82. What does that mean?
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Attention University of Essex (UOE) students in Singapore tackling BE313 Portfolio Analysis! Struggling with your TMA or individual assignments? Worry no more. Our assignment help SG services are here to assist you every step of the way. Need help with case studies? Our Case Study Writing Help is at your service. Whether it's downloading stock prices for a company or analyzing market benchmark indices, our experts have got you covered. Pay for our expertise and navigate your coursework with confidence.
- SOE09702 International Business Course Work, ENU, Singapore: Analysis of political, economic, cultural, legal and ethical risks in the country elected
- AY2023 Drug Action Assignment, PC, Singapore: Drugs A and B bind to the same type of receptors. These two drugs were studied using organ bath experiments
- MN2706K Human Recourse Management Essay, SUSS, Singapore: The objective of this exercise is to teach you how to critically read, and understand
- BUS211: International Logistics Final Examination, MU, Singapore
- Ellie’s Emotions Case Study, SIM, Singapore: Ellie is a 17-year-old girl in secondary school. Her mother, Mrs Ong owns a beauty spa business
- Ports And Terminals Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Perform a study on the effect/impact of oil price on the demand for Offshore Support Vessels (PSV/AHTSV)
- Statistics and Statistical Data Mining Course Work, UOL, Singapore: You will implement several data pre-processing and engineering steps that are common in data science
- Data visualization Course Work, NUS, Singapore: Read the full specification of the module coursework and ensure you understand the time- line
- DSM010 Big data analysis Course Work, UOL, Singapore: Implement the K-Means clustering algorithm with Euclidean and Manhattan Distance Measures
- DSM010 Big data analysis Course Work, UOL, Singapore: Find the descriptive statistics for temperature of each day of a given month for the year 2007
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices