|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|BUS352: Operations Analytics
BUS352: Operations Analytics Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Gekok Inc produces and sells home appliances and To better understand its operations, Gekok collects 60 months of inventory turnover and marketing
Gekok Inc. produces and sells home appliances. To better understand its operations, Gekok collects 60 months of inventory turnover and marketing spending data for analysis. The marketing spending data are the total amount the firm spent in marketing its finished goods in a month, and the inventory turnover data are calculated as the cost of goods sold in a month divided by the average on-hand inventory in
that month. Data are included in an Excel spreadsheet.
(a) Analyse the inventory turnover and marketing spending data. Provide a visualization and a numerical description of the two variables according to the following requirements:
- Select an appropriate chart type to visualize and present data. Provide a brief
justification of your choice. What observations and conclusions can you make
from the data visualization?
- Present descriptive statistics of the two variables. Provide a brief explanation of the key statistics. What can you observe and conclude from the descriptive
statistics? Are these observations and conclusions consistent with those from
(b) Inventory is a critical asset in a manufacturing company. Increasing inventory turnover can increase the return on assets. It is hypothesized that marketing efforts can help increase inventory turnover. Gekko’s management team wants to find out if the hypothesis can be supported by the collected data. You are tasked to perform an association analysis according to the following requirements.
- Use an appropriate chart type to examine the relationship between the two
variables, inventory turnover, and marketing spending. Provide a brief
justification of your choice. What can you observe and conclude from the chart?
- Use an appropriate statistical tool to examine the relationship between the two variables. Clearly present the steps and components of the tool (if any), as well as the result of the analysis. What can be concluded from the analysis? Is the
conclusion consistent with the observations and conclusions in (b)(i)?
- Is it possible to establish causality between marketing spending and inventory
turnover, i.e. marketing spending drives the firm’s inventory turnover, based on
the conclusion in (b)(i) and (b)(ii)?
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
At Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS), we understand the challenges students face, and that's why we're here to provide you with expert assistance every step of the way. Whether you're working on your Final Year Project (FYP) or tackling individual assignments, our range of specialized services is designed to cater to your academic needs. BUS352: Operations Analytics can be a complex subject, but worry not! Our team of skilled experts is well-equipped to guide you through its intricacies. From understanding the nuances of operations to analyzing data, we're here to decode it all and provide you with the insights you need. Our Essay Writing Services are renowned for their quality and effectiveness. Whether you're struggling with structuring your thoughts, crafting compelling arguments, or ensuring impeccable language, our experts are ready to assist you in achieving top-notch results. Join hands with us to not only navigate the challenges of your academic journey but also to thrive and excel. Your success is our priority, and we're dedicated to being your partners in achieving academic excellence.
- In the month of December, Fruits Pte Ltd made credit sales of $15,000 and a cash sale of $5,000: Accounting Home Work, NUS, Singapore
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a complete Isometric Projection Drawing using as much space on a blank A4 Isometric
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A portable cooking stove – PCS, that may be packed in its own case and has the ability to be in either gas-fuel
- NCO111 Work And Learning In A Changing World Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Conduct A Critical Evaluation Of Your Learning Goals That Engage With The Arguments Expressed
- COMP4104 Cyber Security Assignment, LSBF, Singapore: “TradeX Finance Inc.” Is A Newly Incorporated Finance Organization, With Incorporations Obtained
- ECE316 Practitioner Enquiry And Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Formulate TWO (2) Related Research Questions Based On The Given Topic, Which Could Be Narrowed Further
- BUSM1137 Human Resource Development Essay, RMIT, Singapore: In this assessment task, you are required to write a short essay of no more than 1500 words to critically discuss
- ANL355 Applied Operations Research Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Steve Young, A Senior Sales Development Representative At A Local Wellness Gift Shop
- CTI304 English-Chinese Translation Of Literary Works Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Complaints Of Poverty Of Poets Are As Old As Their Art, But I Never Heard That They Wrote The Worse
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices