|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||BUS357: Starting and Managing a Business|
BUS357: Starting and Managing a Business Report, SUSS, Singapore Kareem and Jimmy have been friends since primary school. They have both just completed national service
Kareem and Jimmy have been friends since primary school. They have both just completed national service. Both of them want to be entrepreneurs and start their own businesses.
Jimmy’s mother is a faculty at SUSS and suggested that they apply for the ‘Alibaba Cloud – SUSS Certificate/Minor in Entrepreneurship’. To be admitted into the program, they have to present their ideas to a panel of judges who will only admit ideas that are viable.
Assessment criteria for business proposal applications:
- The uniqueness of the business concept
- Feasibility of the business model
- Strength of management team
- Potential market value
- Working prototype
- Social impact
Kareem and Jimmy did not know of this certificate opportunity and were excited. They thought it was a good way to get feedback and to obtain funding. They also liked the idea of social impact and we’re keen to establish a social enterprise. They decided to go back to the drawing board to come up with a sustainable social enterprise idea.
They approached you for advice and help. The following information was given to you:
- They would like to apply for the Alibaba Cloud – SUSS Certificate in Entrepreneurship.
- They want their business to be a social enterprise and have a social impact.
- They are open to any new ideas.
- The amount of capital between them was only $12,000/- SGD. Hence, they would also need to seek funding. They are open to obtaining loans and/or equity investors.
- They are very clear that they DO NOT want to franchise a business.
You are to construct a business model canvas and analyze the opportunities for launching a social enterprise business or a business with a social impact.
In your report, you should appraise in detail each section of the business model canvas. The report should also include a brief discussion of any 2 legal issues relating to starting and operating the business.
The report should include a brief competitor analysis. The report should also demonstrate an understanding and a detailed description of the revenue stream and the cost drivers.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Struggling with assignments? We're here to help! Explore our Assignment Help in Singapore, featuring a specialized Report Writing Service designed for students at Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS) in BUS357: Starting and Managing a Business. Let us tackle the challenges while you focus on success. Connect today and experience academic support at its finest!"
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: What is the value of an investment in associates shown in the consolidated statement of financial position
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: Which of the following definitions is not included within the definition of control per MFRS10
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: XX acquired 80% of the share capital of LL on 1 August 2020 and is preparing its group financial statements
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices