|SIM Global Education (SIM)
|CSCI203 Data Structures And Algorithm Assignment
CSCI203 Data Structures And Algorithm Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Your Task For This Assignment Is To Investigate Some Of The Properties Of Queues
Your task for this assignment is to investigate some of the properties of queues.
You should write a Java, C++, or Phyton program which simulates the queuing system in an email server.
Queues are commonly used in network systems. For example, e-mail is placed in queues while it is waiting to be sent and after it arrives at the recipient’s mailbox. A problem occurs, however, if the outgoing mail processor cannot send one or more of the messages in the queue. For example, a message might not be sent because the recipient’s system is not available.
Write an e-mail simulator that processes mail at an average of 20 messages per minute. As messages are received, they are placed in a queue. For the simulation, assume that the messages arrive at an average rate of 30 messages per minute. Remember, the messages must arrive randomly, so you will need to use a random number generator to determine when messages are received.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Each minute, you can dequeue up to 20 messages and send them. Assume that up to 25% of the messages in the queue cannot be sent in any processing cycle. Again, you will need to use a random number to determine whether a given message can be sent. If it cannot be sent, put it back at the end of the queue or enqueue it.
Run the simulator for 15 minutes, tracking the number of times each message
had to be requeued. At the end of the simulation, print the statistics that show:
1 The total messages processed.
2 The average arrival rate, that is, the average number of messages arriving
3 The average number of messages sent per minute.
4 The average number of messages in the queue in a minute.
5 The number of messages sent on the first attempt, the number of messages
sent on the second attempt, and so forth.
6 The average number of times messages had to be requeued (do not include
the messages sent the first time in this average.)
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Are you struggling with your CSCI203 Data Structures And Algorithm assignment at SIM, Singapore? Look no further! We offer specialized TMA, Homework Help in Singapore, providing a dedicated assignment helper Singapore for students like you. Entrust your academic challenges to our experts, who will meticulously investigate the properties of queues, ensuring your assignment meets the highest standards. Save time and excel in your course by availing yourself of our professional assistance.
- FMT315: Some of the broad strategies to optimize energy efficiency in existing building involve: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: There are several forms of renewable energy sources that are available for the built environment: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: “A well-designed building uses the right combination of both passive and active design strategies: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302: Compare how the Early Years Development Framework, 2023 and the Nurturing: Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302 Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Discuss at least THREE (3) key points that the author raised in the article with regards to children’s social:
- Case 7- Harley-Davidson, Inc. in 2018 Review-Harley-Davidson, Inc. was far from being the world’s biggest motorcycle manufacturer: Assignment, Singapore
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Outline Porter’s generic strategy of differentiation and explain, using examples from the case study
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Product development allows a company to modify existing products or develop
- BSP2701 Economics Assignment, NTU, Singapore: Under The Fractional Reserve Banking System, We Can Compute The Money Supply By Adding The Monetary
- PSY305 Exploring The Mind Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The following headline was featured in the Life section of The Straits Times on 17 November 2023
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices