|University||University of Wollongong (UOW)|
|Subject||CSCI322 Systems Administration Assignment.|
CSCI322 Systems Administration Assignment, UOW, Singapore: Create the DNS zone file for the new zone “myuni.edu.au’ and its reverse zone file.
Task 1: DNS configuration
Create the DNS zone file for the new zone “myuni.edu.au’ and its reverse zone file. The new domain will occupy the IP ranges 192.168.1.0/24.
a. Setup the DNS on the host dns.myuni.edu.au.
b. In their SOA records, serial numbers must be prefixed with the current date and have a two-digit update number suffix: yards, e.g. 2020090901
c. Add a single MX record for each zone with priority 50 which will direct to smtp.myuni.edu.au.
d. Add appropriate A records and PTR records for the following physical hosts:
e. Add “www” CNAMEs to “server2”; “dns” to “server1”; and “smtp” to “server1”. (You can assume that the glue records will be handled by somebody else.)
Task 2: Network planning (you don’t need to implement this task in VM) A university has a main campus and a remote campus at another location. The default router to the Internet on the main campus has an IP address of 10.0.0.1/24. The main campus network is connected to the Internet through a router called RouterA (Router A and the default router are two different routers). The main campus has no more than 15000 staff and students. The remote campus network is connected to the main campus network through a router called RouterB. The remote campus has no more than 200 staff
and students. All staff and students should be able to access to the Internet and to the resources on both campuses.
Your task is to plan the campus networks.
a) Propose appropriate subnet ranges for both campuses from the 16-bit prefix block of IPv4 private addresses (i.e., 192.168.0.0/16) *R. Answer the question with your calculation.
b) Draw a diagram to depict the networks with IP addresses notated with CIDR notation assigned to all interfaces of bother routers for two campuses. Label the interfaces of routers on the diagram using eth0 or eth1.
c) Show the routing table of the RouterA that meets the requirements of both campuses. Show the columns of Destination, Gateway, Genmask, Flags, and Iface in the routing table as shown by the Linux command route.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
- HBC203 Statistics and Data Analysis for the Social and Behavioral Sciences Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Some experts in public health have proposed to cut tobacco-related deaths by reducing nicotine levels in cigarettes
- HBC203 Statistics and Data Analysis for the Social and Behavioral Sciences Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Researchers use experimental designs to make causal inference
- HRM331 Talent Management, SUSS, Singapore: Begin by conducting research on the topic of hiring for cultural fit. This research explores both the proponents’ and critics’
- ECON1056 Managerial and Business Economics Report, SIM, Singapore: What is the maximum price the company can charge a household for an income insurance policy?
- HBC101 Understanding Contemporary Society: The Social and Behavioral Sciences Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: “Countdown to Singapore’s Presidential Elections: Who is Likely to Run?”
- PSS101 Introduction to Singapore Legal System Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: All would be lost if the same man or the same body of principal men…exercised these three powers; that of making the laws
- PSS221 Urban Resilience and Security and Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: This unit aims to introduce terminology and concepts associated with urban resilience
- Financial Performance Management Report, NUS, Singapore: Select An International Organization And Identify Its Closest Competitor
- PSY369 Emotion Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The effectiveness of using Broaden and Build Theory to explain how happiness contributed
- PSY369 Emotion Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Track your emotions over 5 consecutive weekdays using the table
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices