|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
ECO203 International Economics assignment, SUSS, Singapore. Consider a simplified and hypothetical example of two countries – Singapore and Malaysia – trading in two goods
Consider a simplified and hypothetical example of two countries – Singapore and Malaysia – trading in two goods – electronics (E) and food products (F).
Using all of its resources (i.e., labor and capital), Singapore can produce either 50 (units of) electronics, or 20 food products.
Using all of its resources, Malaysia can produce either 50 electronics or 100 food products.
There are increasing opportunity costs of production.
(a) Solve for the comparative advantages of both countries and the mutually beneficial Terms of Trade.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
(b) Using the Heckscher-Ohlin theory of trade, analyse the patterns of trade in detail. Draw a graph (with electronics on the y-axis, food products on the x axis) to illustrate. Explain the graph. You are also expected to discuss the specialisations, gains from trade, and other relevant inferences and implications of the H-O theory. (Note: There is no need to use numerical numbers to assume the exact quantities of trade in the graph. Instead, label the initial, specialisation, and after trade points.)
(c) The Russian-Ukraine war has affected global supply chains. In particular, the cost of chicken feed increased sharply. To curb rising prices, Malaysia imposed a ban on chicken exports to Singapore in 2022.
Food products comprise chickens amongst other goods. Suppose that as a result of the ban, Singapore’s import of food products from Malaysia fell. One can argue that Malaysia’s imposition of an export ban on chicken is similar (at least, simplistically) to Singapore imposing a quota on Malaysia’s food products, and that the chicken ban can be shown to benefit Singapore’s domestic poultry farms.
Discuss the economic effects of Malaysia’s ban of chicken exports on Singapore.
In reality, how did these effects differ from your theoretical framework? What are some limitations of the trade restriction framework covered in class? Substantiate with news articles where appropriate.
(Note: For this question, there is no need to present a graph in your response. References should be made in APA format.)
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Elevate your academic journey with our comprehensive suite of services, including tutor marked assignments, final year exam assignments, Online Exam Help, and top-tier assignment writing service designed for students at the Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS). Whether you're tackling challenging subjects like ECO203 International Economics or seeking academic support in Singapore, our experts are here to ensure your success. Singaporean students can now pay our professionals to assist with their ECO203 International Economics assignment at SUSS. Delve into the world of international trade with a simplified example of Singapore and Malaysia, and let us guide you to academic excellence.
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: What is the value of an investment in associates shown in the consolidated statement of financial position
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: Which of the following definitions is not included within the definition of control per MFRS10
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: XX acquired 80% of the share capital of LL on 1 August 2020 and is preparing its group financial statements
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices