|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|ECO352: Political Economy of Asia
ECO352: Political Economy of Asia Assignment, SUSS, Singapore What factors allow developing nation firms and industries to upgrade within global value chains
The world of international business is complex and contested. It is also changing rapidly. These changes apply to international business as a whole, the frameworks and structures of businesses themselves, and the way we understand them.
Your task is to write a referenced essay in response to one of the two questions below.
Answer one of the following:
Question 1: What factors allow developing nation firms and industries to “upgrade” within global value chains? Answer in reference to one industry of your choice.
Further guidance for this question:
This question relates to the content of week 6: global value chains. Before researching a response, make sure you’ve viewed this lecture and read the essential materials.
It is crucial that you show that you understand what GVCs are, and how they are different from other forms of multinational business.
Pick a case industry that has clearly embraced GVC production patterns.
The question refers specifically to the prospects of “upgrading”. You should search for this term in the GVC literature and develop an argument as to why is has happened in some industries/states more than others – a hotly debated question.
Follow all of the “general advice” and “structure advice” stated below and discussed in the writing modules.
Question 2: Has the “platform economy” created a system of uncompetitive monopolies in major industries? Answer in reference to one industry of your choice.
Further guidance for this question:
This question relates what we looked at in week 7: intangible capital, platform businesses and the ways that they operate differently to other major business models. Before researching a response, make sure you’ve viewed this lecture and read the essential materials.
Answers must assess the debate about how platforms often form market monopolies, and whether this presents a fundamentally different market system than other business models or eras.
The question asks for a case industry, but if that industry is monopolised by one major platform firm, you may end up focusing mainly on that one firm. Your essay’s argument must respond directly to the question posed: has the rise of the platform economy led to a fundamental shift in this regard, or does competition remain an important element of platform business? There is no right or wrong answer – look for the best evidence to make your case for your argument.
Follow all of the “general advice” and “structure advice” stated below and discussed in the writing modules
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Tackling summative assignments in ECO352: Political Economy of Asia can be challenging, especially when it involves understanding complex factors and dynamics within global value chains. At our assignment writing service in Singapore, we understand the difficulties Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) students face. That's why we offer professional assistance for your coursework. Our experienced writers will help you analyze the factors that drive upgrading within global value chains, and provide well-researched and insightful solutions. Say goodbye to the stress of intricate assignments and hello to academic success with our expert support!
- FMT315: Some of the broad strategies to optimize energy efficiency in existing building involve: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: There are several forms of renewable energy sources that are available for the built environment: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: “A well-designed building uses the right combination of both passive and active design strategies: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302: Compare how the Early Years Development Framework, 2023 and the Nurturing: Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302 Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Discuss at least THREE (3) key points that the author raised in the article with regards to children’s social:
- Case 7- Harley-Davidson, Inc. in 2018 Review-Harley-Davidson, Inc. was far from being the world’s biggest motorcycle manufacturer: Assignment, Singapore
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Outline Porter’s generic strategy of differentiation and explain, using examples from the case study
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Product development allows a company to modify existing products or develop
- BSP2701 Economics Assignment, NTU, Singapore: Under The Fractional Reserve Banking System, We Can Compute The Money Supply By Adding The Monetary
- PSY305 Exploring The Mind Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The following headline was featured in the Life section of The Straits Times on 17 November 2023
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices