|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||GSP160: Writing for Academic Purposes|
GSP160: Writing for Academic Purposes Essay, SUSS, Singapore There has been a rising voice for Nobel committees to consider gender diversity in addition to work quality when nominating scientists
There has been a rising voice for Nobel committees to consider gender diversity in addition to work quality when nominating scientists carefully and write an argumentative essay of about 600-700 words in response to the following question. There has been a rising voice for Nobel committees to consider gender diversity in addition to work quality when nominating scientists. To what extent do you agree with this opinion? Use the information from the text below as well as your knowledge to support your arguments. When using the information from text A, you are expected to acknowledge the source of it. Text A What the Nobels Are—and Aren’t—Doing to Encourage Diversity If a woman wins the Nobel Prize in Physics next week, she will be the first to do so in more than 50 years. Over the same period, just one woman won in chemistry.
This gender imbalance is the subject of increasing criticism, much of which is aimed at the Nobel committees that award the honours. In the awards’ history, women have won only 3% of the science prizes (see ‘Nobel imbalance’), and the overwhelming majority have gone to scientists in Western nations. Some argue simply that the prizes tend to recognize work from an era when the representation of women and non-Western researchers in science was even lower than it is today.
But studies repeatedly show that systemic biases remain in the sciences, and the slow pace of progress was especially evident in 2017 when there were no female laureates for the second year in a row. Alfred Nobel laid down the basic rules that govern the prize terms in his will, and statutes based on these guide the awarding of each honour. Winners are chosen by different bodies — the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences awards prizes in chemistry, physics and economics, and the Nobel Assembly at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm awards the physiology or medicine prize — which forms a committee for each prize. The committees invite eminent scientists to nominate people, from which they generate a shortlist.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Essay Writing Help needed at Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)? MY Assignment Help SG offers top-quality Assignment Help in Singapore. Our adept writers provide tailored academic assistance, ensuring exceptional essays. Elevate your academic journey with our reliable services and excel in your studies. Don't miss out on the chance to improve your grades and knowledge!
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: What is the value of an investment in associates shown in the consolidated statement of financial position
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: Which of the following definitions is not included within the definition of control per MFRS10
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: XX acquired 80% of the share capital of LL on 1 August 2020 and is preparing its group financial statements
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices