|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||GSP165: The Law and You Assignment|
GSP165 The Law and You Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Mr. Forgetful is about to marry Miss Busy in two weeks’ time. All the plans for the big wedding day are in place.
Mr Forgetful is about to marry Miss Busy in two weeks’ time. All the plans for the big wedding day are in place. The only problem is that Mr. Forgetful shockingly realized that he had forgotten to file the Notice of Intention to Marry to the Registrar of Marriages. Therefore, they do not have a marriage license ready for the wedding day. Very afraid that Miss Busy will be very irate, Mr. Forgetful got someone to forge a marriage license and certificate that
looks just like the real one.
(a) Identify and explain the effect of this forgery on their marriage.
(b) When Miss Busy found out what happened, she was very disappointed and felt she had married a dishonest man. She decided that she wanted to nullify the marriage. Explain what she must do.
Scott Gan rushed to marry Chee Tin in June 2023, because she was 2 months pregnant, and they wanted to hold the ceremony before her tummy showed. After the wedding ceremony, Scott refused to have sexual relations with Chee for fear that it would hurt the fetus in her womb. That, coupled with pre-natal depression, made Chee very frustrated and unhappy in the marriage. Eventually, their marriage broke down and Chee confessed to Scott that the baby she was carrying was not his.
(a) Outline and discuss the various possible options available to both Scott and Chee to dissolve their marriage.
(b) Explain whether it will make a difference to your answer if Scott actually already knew that he is not the father of the unborn child but was just too eager to become a dad that he pretended not to know.
(c) After the Judgment of Nullity was granted, Scott secretly conducted a DNA test on Chee’s baby boy, Paul Tin, and discovered that he was in fact the baby’s father. Cite and discuss the relevant legal provisions that can help Scott gain parental rights and duties to Paul.
(d) When Chee discovered Scott’s paternal relationship with Paul, she decided to demand that Scott pay maintenance for the child. List and discuss the relevant legal provisions that Chee can rely on AND the factors that the court would take into account when deciding the amount of maintenance to award.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Because of all the trauma associated with his failed marriage and stress over the lawsuits that Chee had filed against him, Scott died of a heart attack one day on his way to work. The only Will he had was made on the eve of his 21st birthday when he was still dating Chee. According to that Will, Scott bequeaths 100% of his estate to Chee. Scott’s brother, Scrooge, was appointed as the sole executor of the Will. Both Scrooge and Chee signed as witnesses to the Will.
(a) Outline and explain all the irregularities that can invalidate this Will.
(b) If this Will is invalid, explain whether and how much of Scott’s estate Scrooge is entitled to, if their father, Chee, and Paul are alive.
(c) Will your answer in (b) be different if Scott did not die from a heart attack but in a car crash while driving Paul home to Chee after a father-and-son trip to the zoo? Both Scott and Paul died in the crash when the car burst into flames. Explain your answer.
(d) Among Scott’s estate are (i) his HDB flat which is still held in joint tenancy with Chee; (ii) his CPF funds where he nominated his father as beneficiary before his wedding day; and (iii) his joint DBS bank account with Scrooge. Apply the relevant legal principles to determine how these assets should be distributed.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Get the best assignment help in Singapore for your GSP165 The Law and You Assignment at the Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS). Whether it's TMA (Tutor Marked Assignments) or individual assignments, our expert team is here to assist you. Don't let academic stress affect your big day - let us handle your coursework while you focus on your wedding preparations. Explore our top-notch Essay Writing Services to ensure your success at SUSS.
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
- Business Process And Systems Assignment, TP, Singapore: Explain the business model at B&M – this can be found in the annual report How does B&M create value for their customer
- Networking Assignment, NUS, Singapore: The TCP/IP Reference Model is a description of layered communications and computer network design
- SOE09702 International Business Course Work, ENU, Singapore: Analysis of political, economic, cultural, legal and ethical risks in the country elected
- AY2023 Drug Action Assignment, PC, Singapore: Drugs A and B bind to the same type of receptors. These two drugs were studied using organ bath experiments
- MN2706K Human Recourse Management Essay, SUSS, Singapore: The objective of this exercise is to teach you how to critically read, and understand
- BUS211: International Logistics Final Examination, MU, Singapore
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices