|University||Nanyang Technological University (NTU)|
|Subject||HS8287: Caring & Communication in Cancer Care|
HS8287: Caring & Communication in Cancer Care Essay, NTU, Singapore You are the nurse in-charge of a morning shift. The haematology team has just finished reviewing Kevin
You are the nurse in charge of the morning shift. The haematology team has just finished reviewing Kevin, a 25-year-old diagnosed with relapsed acute myeloid leukaemia, a year after his allogeneic stem cell transplantation. After the team left the room, Kevin suddenly asks you, ‘So, how long more do I have?’. Your role play will focus on communicating Kevin’s query on his concerns on prognosis, death and dying issues.
You are working in an ambulatory therapy centre. Lorna, a 48-year-old patient diagnosed with early breast cancer is supposed to have arrived for her scheduled chemotherapy. However, Lorna is still absent from your centre. When you call Lorna on her mobile phone, she became agitated and declines chemotherapy. She has cited ‘the moon, the star and the sun are not in alignment, and therefore ‘It is a bad day. Your role play will focus on supporting Lorna at this point in time.
You are working in a medical oncology unit. Mr Tan is first admitted with superior vena cava obstruction and was soon diagnosed as having a mediastinal germ cell tumour. Mr Tan is married with 2 sons, aged 5 and 7. His wife, Mrs Tan, is the main spokesperson because Mr Tan is too breathless to speak. Mrs Tan has approached you because she is unsure how and what to tell their young children about Mr Tan’s cancer diagnosis. Your role-play will focus on encouraging Mrs Tan to talk about how she is feeling and supporting her in communicating with their children.
You are working in an isolated ward. Tina is 24 years old, and single but has a steady partner. Tina is in an isolation room following an episode of neutropenia sepsis. Tina is found in tears, staring at the mirror in the shower room. She is clearly upset, saying that she cannot bear to see herself in the mirror because she looks ‘horrible’. She has suffered massive weight and hair loss due to cancer therapies. Your role play will focus on exploring body image, self-concept and sexuality with Tina.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Are you a Singaporean student looking for online essay writing help to complete your Caring & Communication in Cancer Care Essay? If, yes then you reached the best place at My Assignment Help SG we have a group of skilled writers who have years of experience in essay writing they complete your essay in a 100% error-less manner at a low price.
Tags:- Nursing Care Assignments NTU
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: What is the value of an investment in associates shown in the consolidated statement of financial position
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: Which of the following definitions is not included within the definition of control per MFRS10
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: XX acquired 80% of the share capital of LL on 1 August 2020 and is preparing its group financial statements
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices