|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||ICT246 Operating Systems Assignment|
ICT246 Operating Systems Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Using Ubuntu OS, write and implement ONE (1) bash shell script (only one script should be written
Implement system security and access control in the Linux operating system.
Using Ubuntu OS, write and implement ONE (1) bash shell script (only one script should be written for the whole Question 3). Use the root account to execute the script. The script will be executed with no arguments, and it can be executed in any folder.
The bash shell script should have the following specifications:
1. The script will list the filenames of all image files (excluding hidden image files and image files in sub-folders) in the current folder with the extension of .png and jpg on screen, Note that only the filenames and size (in bytes) should be displayed.
2. It will display the total size (in bytes) of all the ._png and .jpg image files in the current folder.
3. It will then display the following message depending on the total size of all the .png and jpg image files in the current folder.
e Less than 5000000 bytes, display “total image size is small”
e More than or equal to 5000000 bytes, display “total image size is NOT small”
4. The script will then display the permissions of the .png and .jpg image files in the following format.
[Filename] owner [owner-permission] group [group-permission] others [others-permission]
Example of display:
image 1.jpg owner rwx group rw- others r-x
image2.jpg owner r– group -wx others -w-
image3.png owner rwx group rwx others rwx
5. It will prompt the user to enter a keyword of owner, group, or others. It will keep prompting the user to enter the keyword until the user enters a valid keyword.
6. It will follow by prompting the user to enter another keyword of read, write, or execute. It will keep asking the user to enter the keyword until the user enters a valid keyword.
7. The script will then invert the permission of the image files according to the
If the user has entered owner and write, then the owner write permissions of the .png
and .jpg image files will invert. That means if there is an owner’s written permission on
the file, then it will invert to no written permission, and vice versa. (e.g. If image jpg
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Facing challenges with your ICT246 Operating Systems Assignment at the Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)? Look no further! Our assignment helper SG service is here to assist you. Our experts can help you write and implement that crucial bash shell script using Ubuntu OS, ensuring you excel in your coursework. Say goodbye to homework stress and hello to academic success – reach out to our Homework Helper team today.
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
- Business Process And Systems Assignment, TP, Singapore: Explain the business model at B&M – this can be found in the annual report How does B&M create value for their customer
- Networking Assignment, NUS, Singapore: The TCP/IP Reference Model is a description of layered communications and computer network design
- SOE09702 International Business Course Work, ENU, Singapore: Analysis of political, economic, cultural, legal and ethical risks in the country elected
- AY2023 Drug Action Assignment, PC, Singapore: Drugs A and B bind to the same type of receptors. These two drugs were studied using organ bath experiments
- MN2706K Human Recourse Management Essay, SUSS, Singapore: The objective of this exercise is to teach you how to critically read, and understand
- BUS211: International Logistics Final Examination, MU, Singapore
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices