|University||Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)|
|Subject||Mechanical Engineering System|
Mechanical Engineering System Assignment, SIT, Singapore: You are part of a team that has been sent to the South Pole for experiments on the acceleration of gravity in extreme latitudes
You are part of a team that has been sent to the South Pole for experiments on the acceleration of gravity in extreme latitudes. After some initial thoughts, you presented the idea of using a conical pendulum. One member of the team asked how this experiment could be used to determine the gravitational pull at the location. You replied stating that, for small angles of oscillation, the conical pendulum executes a simple harmonic motion.
- DERIVE is the expression for the period of oscillation of the simple conical pendulum. Use cos θ = 1 Don’t forget to include a free-body diagram.
EXPLAIN, from the obtained model, how gravity can be estimated.
- Your team, then, leaves the shelter and goes to the middle of an ice plateau. There is a frame, from whose top a steel wire is stretched, and its free end is attached to a tennis ball. After carrying out the experiment, you notice that the value calculated for the acceleration of gravity is considerably larger than expected. In a preliminary experiment, carried out inside the shed and with a metallic sphere, the value found for gravity was acceptable. Upon deliberating on what happened, some members of the team proposed explanations to you
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) students, tackling complex subjects like Mechanical Engineering Systems, we're here to make your academic journey smoother. When it comes to TMA and individual assignments, our online assignment help services are designed to meet your needs. Whether you're working on a project like experiments on gravity acceleration in extreme latitudes at the South Pole, or any other challenging task, our experts have you covered. Trust us for top-notch support and comprehensive Report Writing Services in Singapore to excel in your studies.
Tags:- Mechanical Engineering Assignment
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: What is the value of an investment in associates shown in the consolidated statement of financial position
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: Which of the following definitions is not included within the definition of control per MFRS10
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: XX acquired 80% of the share capital of LL on 1 August 2020 and is preparing its group financial statements
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices