|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||MTH219: Fundamentals of Statistics and Probability|
MTH219: Fundamentals of Statistics and Probability Assignment, SUSS, Singapore In this question, you will need to provide the R-codes used and the various relevant outputs from R
In this question, you will need to provide the R-codes used and the various relevant outputs from R.
- Apply R to simulate a set of 100 numbers, with a mean value of 20 and a standard deviation of 2. List out the set of numbers.
- Apply and construct a suitable graphical display of this generated set of 100 numbers to visualize the distribution shape of the data set. Hence provide appropriate comments on the distribution of the data.
- Add another 2 numbers to the set simulated in Question 1(a), such that the new set now has a mean of 20, but the range becomes 200. List out the set of numbers.
- Using R, for the new data set of 102 numbers,
(i) Determine an estimate of the standard deviation,
(ii) Apply and construct a histogram for the data set and comment on its distribution.
In this question, show all working details of the steps carried out to determine the answers. Jenny has ten cards, which are labeled
- By arranging these ten cards, a “word” is formed. Example: MYDFMXGFFB
(i) Determine the number of different “worlds” that Jenny can make with the ten cards.
(ii) Determine the number of “words” in Question 2(a)(i) that begin and end with F, and in which the two letters M are consecutive?
- Fadli chooses three of Jenny’s ten cards at random. Compute the probability that
(i) Fadli’s three cards carry the letters F or M.
(ii) Jenny’s remaining seven cards have no repeated letters.
A bag contains 8 identically sized balls, 6 black, and 2 white.
- Balls are drawn out one at a time, at random without replacement. The Wth draw is when a white ball is first drawn.
(i) Comment on and explain why is W a random variable.
(ii) Apply the stated model and construct the probability distribution of W
(iii) Show that 𝐸[𝑊] = 3.
(iv) Calculate 𝑉(𝑊).
- If each drawn ball is now replaced before another is drawn, show that 𝐸[𝑊] = 4
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
- A telemarketer with a success rate of 10% wishes to be at least 95% confident of making a minimum of 2 sales each day. Determine the number of calls the telemarketer should make each day? Comment on the method used and
show your detailed work.
- The random variable X is the number of successes in n independent trial of an
an experiment in which the probability of success at any trial is p.(i) Show that
(ii) Apply the result from Question 4(b)(i) above to determine the most probable number of successes when 𝑛 = 100, 𝑝 = 4/7.
- A private psychology clinic has two resident clinical psychologists, Susan and Steven. For booking each day, Susan has six appointment slots and Steven has three. The average number of demands for consultation with Susan is three on any weekday, and five on any weekend, while that with Steven is two on any day of the week.
Assuming these demands follow Poisson distributions and are independent.
(i) Compute the probability there is at least one demand for consultation with Susan on a particular Tuesday.
(ii) Compute the probability that there are demands for consultation with Steven not met on both Thursday and Friday of a particular week.
(iii) Compute the probability that all available slots for consultation with either
Susan or Steven (but not both) are filled on a certain Saturday.
- The stock of a branded product at a local shop is being replenished regularly throughout the day. Demands from customers are independent and each customer is allowed to purchase only one copy of the product. Demands from the customers occur singly and at a rate of 2 per 30 minutes intervals.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Unlock success in your MTH219 course at SUSS with the support of dedicated online Malaysian assignment helpers. My Assignment Help SG is your trusted partner for mastering Statistics and Probability. Don't let assignments overwhelm you; get the assistance you need to thrive academically.
- GER688 Applied Research in Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A programme developer plans to come up with a service to provide counselling and guidance to older adults
- Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Care Shield Life is a long-term care insurance scheme that provides basic financial support should Singaporeans become severely disabled
- Mechanical Engineering System Assignment, SIT, Singapore: You are part of a team that has been sent to the South Pole for experiments on the acceleration of gravity in extreme latitudes
- Business Information Systems Assignment, SIMGE, Singapore: Computation of Salaries using Excel Sportitude Pte Ltd is a fast-growing local sports retailer that offers a wide range of high-performance sporting apparel
- Vacuum Technology Assignment, NTU, Singapore: How many pumps will you be using for your vacuum system and explain your answer? Name the pumps used
- Analogue Electronic Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a design for an eight-floor elevator. The inputs/outputs are shown below. The elevator displays the moving direction
- Managing Change Essay, NUS, Singapore: Discuss and give examples of how organizational culture can influence organizational change
- Biostatistics and Epidemiology Research Paper, NUS, Singapore: Find and collect a set or few sets of biomedical related data dengue fever, covid, HFMD, cancer, etc
- English Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Many modern Singaporean families have both parents working. Such dual-income families often result in children spending less
- Organizations in a Global Context Assignment, KU, Singapore: There are three characteristics of a “black swan” event – rarity, extreme impact, and retrospective predictability
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices