|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||PSY253 Educational Psychology In Singapore Assignment|
PSY253 Educational Psychology In Singapore Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Luke is an 8-year-old in Primary 2. Ever since he entered primary school, there were several complaints
Case study (95 marks)
Luke is an 8-year-old in Primary 2. Ever since he entered primary school, there were several complaints about his rough handling of his peers. The usual complaints from his classmates were that he would take their belongings without asking for permission. He would also
interrupt conversations and push or hit his peers should they decide not to engage or play with him.
Recently, his teachers noticed that some of his classmates were very afraid of him, and many did not want him to be in their group for group projects. Not long after the observation of these behaviours, his form teacher received an email complaint from the parents of another child in the class, stating that Luke had pushed their daughter while boarding the school bus the day before and caused her to fall. Due to the complaint of severe pain and the swell on her arm, her parents decided to send the girl to the Accident and Emergency (A&E) department in the hospital. An X-ray revealed a dislocation of the girl’s arm.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Part (a) [Word limit: 450]
Luke’s form teacher calls up Luke’s parents to have a discussion about the situation. His parents have differing opinions about managing the situation. On a daily basis, both parents also have differing parenting approaches. Luke’s father, Dan, practises authoritarian parenting\ style, as he himself had been brought up this way. On the other hand, Luke’s mother, Sandra,
believes in permissive parenting as she believes that Luke is still young.
Comment on TWO distinct ways these two parenting styles can contribute to Luke’s behaviours in school. Provide one specific extension (example) pertaining to each parenting style to the case study above to demonstrate the links between the discussed parenting styles and Luke’s behaviours. Substantiate your suggested links with references.
(Example 1: Four years later, when Luke was in Primary 6, the school’s disciplinary master called Sandra up one afternoon and asked her to come down to the school with her husband as Luke had been found smoking in the school toilet.
Part (b) [Word limit: 600]
Compare the five categories to Social Emotional Learning as suggested by CASEL. Present the five categories in a table format and briefly explain each category in your own words. Explain which category you would consider to be the most relevant to address at this point if you were Luke’s form teacher. Discuss your answer by elaborating on why or how you decided on this particular category over the other four categories. (35 marks)
Part (c) [Word limit: 450]
Luke was eventually sent to a psychologist for assessment and diagnosed with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Evaluate the information provided in the case study and identify TWO pieces of evidence that suggest that the diagnosis may be incorrect. Suggest an alternative diagnosis and provide ONE explanation for why the alternative diagnosis may better fit Luke’s behaviours.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Seeking academic support in Singapore? At the Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS), students dealing with the PSY253 Educational Psychology In Singapore Assignment can now rely on our expertise for top-quality ECA and individual assignment assistance. Our Dissertation Writing Services cater to the needs of SUSS students, providing professional help in navigating challenging coursework. With our assignment helper SG, Singapore students can pay for expert guidance on their studies. Don't let academic challenges overwhelm you—let our experts guide you toward success in your educational journey.
- HBC203 Statistics and Data Analysis for the Social and Behavioral Sciences Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Some experts in public health have proposed to cut tobacco-related deaths by reducing nicotine levels in cigarettes
- HBC203 Statistics and Data Analysis for the Social and Behavioral Sciences Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Researchers use experimental designs to make causal inference
- HRM331 Talent Management, SUSS, Singapore: Begin by conducting research on the topic of hiring for cultural fit. This research explores both the proponents’ and critics’
- ECON1056 Managerial and Business Economics Report, SIM, Singapore: What is the maximum price the company can charge a household for an income insurance policy?
- HBC101 Understanding Contemporary Society: The Social and Behavioral Sciences Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: “Countdown to Singapore’s Presidential Elections: Who is Likely to Run?”
- PSS101 Introduction to Singapore Legal System Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: All would be lost if the same man or the same body of principal men…exercised these three powers; that of making the laws
- PSS221 Urban Resilience and Security and Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: This unit aims to introduce terminology and concepts associated with urban resilience
- Financial Performance Management Report, NUS, Singapore: Select An International Organization And Identify Its Closest Competitor
- PSY369 Emotion Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The effectiveness of using Broaden and Build Theory to explain how happiness contributed
- PSY369 Emotion Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Track your emotions over 5 consecutive weekdays using the table
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices