|University||James Cook University (JCU)|
|Subject||PY6003: Practicum 3|
PY6003: Practicum 3 Assignment, JCU, Singapore Write a 5-day sequential unit plan with developmentally appropriate activities for children
Assignment 1- Planning
Description of Assignment 1.
Write a 5-day sequential unit plan (2 – 3 pages) with developmentally appropriate activities for children, according to the current topic/ theme of the attachment centre, using the Unit Plan template provided in Appendix 11:
a. Briefly describe the activity for each day, the related learning goals, learning areas and knowledge, skills and dispositions (KSD).
b. Integrate at least two different learning areas for each activity.
c. Cover at least four learning areas in the 5-day unit plan.
d. Provide the rationale for the sequence of activities from day 1 to day 5 in the unit plan.
2. Based on the activities in this unit plan, develop two integrated learning plans (total: 4 -6 pages) using the Learning Plan template in Appendix 12 for ONE of the following groups of children:
- Kindergarten 1 & Kindergarten 2: 10-12 children
- Nursery 2: 7-8 children • Nursery 1: 6-7 children
a. Each learning plan should include: appropriate learning goals and KSD;
- learning objectives that are related to KSD
- one learning disposition (PRAISE) that is weaved into the activities in each learning plan.
b. One Learning Plan should focus on Language & Literacy (L&L) with at least one other learning area integrated into the experience (to be implemented and evaluated on-site by a practicum supervisor).
c. Another Learning Plan should focus on Music & Movement (M&M) with at least one other learning area integrated into the experience. d. Social & Emotional Development should be integrated into at least one of the above learning plans.
3. Plan three activities for a play space/ learning centre that develop or reinforce key knowledge/ skills/ dispositions under Numeracy and another three activities for a play space/ learning centre that develop or reinforce key knowledge/ skills/ dispositions under Discovery of the World.
The six activities (in total) should be interesting, engaging and related to the current topic/ theme of the attachment centre, using the Learning Centre Activity Plan template provided in Appendix 13.
a. Write at least one age-appropriate objective that targets a KSD from NEL for each activity.
b. Describe each activity and the materials required, including the script to introduce the activity to children.
c. Print out and submit these plans to the Practicum Supervisor on the on-site evaluation day.
Assignment 2-Implemention,Evaluation and reflection
Assignment Title Implementation, Evaluation and Reflection Length/ Duration of Assignment 5— 6 pages Objectives of the Assignment Assess student’s ability to:
1. implement learning plans using various teaching strategies to engage a group of children to meet the objectives stated;
2. facilitate learning centre activities; and
3. reflect on his/ her practices and give appropriate suggestions for improvement.
Description of Assignment 1. Setting up of Numeracy Centre and Discovery Centre (ungraded)
a. Set up the play space/ learning centre that develop or reinforce key knowledge/ skills/ dispositions under Numeracy and another play space/ learning centre that develop or reinforce key knowledge/ skills/ dispositions under Discovery of the World with 3 activities each based on the learning centre activity plans developed for Assessment 1.
b. Prepare and equip each centre with the resources, which can be ready-made or self-made, that are needed for the planned activities.
2. Implementation of L&L-focused Learning Plan and facilitation at two play spaces/ learning nr for on-site evaluationaaulita(4aZ)
a. Make prior arrangement with the Host Teacher and Practicum Supervisor for an on-site evaluation date.
b. Submit the following in hardcopies to the Practicum Supervisor on the on-site evaluation day (before implementation):
• final L&L-focused learning plan • two learning centres activity plans c. Implement the learning plan for the whole group of children. The number of children required is as follows:
d. Transit children to the Numeracy Centre and Discovery Centre after the whole-group experience to
• introduce at least one new activity at any of the learning centres; and
• facilitate children’s learning at the two play spaces/ learning centres. e.
Student will be assessed by the Practicum Supervisor using the Practicum 3 On-site Evaluation Form (Form C).
3. Implementation of M&M-focused Learning Plan (ungraded) a. Make prior arrangement with the Host Teacher to implement the M&M learning plan for a group of children (the number of children required is the same as point 2c above. This implementation will not be evaluated on-site by the Practicum Supervisor.
However, student will need to evaluate and reflect on the effectiveness of the implementation. b. Student will consult the Host Teacher and seek his/ her feedback on the learning plan before implementation. Student is encouraged to ask the Host Teacher to provide feedback on implementation based on Form C.
4. Evaluation, Reflection and Presentation of information (15%1 Required length: 5 – 6 pages (Photographs are not required) a. Evaluation of each learning plan (L&L-focused and M&M-focused learning plans) implementation:
• Explain how the learning objectives were met or not met.
• Discuss the effectiveness of the teaching strategies and whether children had opportunities to demonstrate the learning dispositions specified.
Give suggestions on how the learning experiences for children can be .e Window improved. -o to Settings to active
b. Reflection on the facilitation of learning center activities:
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Assignment Title: Professional Teaching E-Portfolio
Objectives of the Assignment
Assess student’s ability to:
1. create a professional teaching e-portfolio that documents his/her professional growth through the course
2. demonstrate his/ her competencies as a beginning teacher.
Description of Assignment
Student will create a Professional Teaching E-Portfolio using Microsoft Sway to (a) document his/ her professional growth through the course beginning from at least the module Professional and Reflective Practitioner and (b) demonstrate his/ her competencies (knowledge/ skills/ dispositions) as a beginning teacher in the following areas:
- Child development
- Learning environments
- NEL’s learning areas
- Interactional and teaching strategies
- Assessment of children’s development and learning
Be creative in designing the e-portfolio to make it visually appealing, easy to read and reflective of one’s personal style.
1. Follow the guide below to create the e-portfolio: a. Login to Office 365 (www.office.com) with your NIEC account and click on Sway. The following websites provide details on using Sway:
b. Go to the ‘Storyline’ in Sway to create your contents. c. Use heading cards to create 10 sections for the following contents:
(1) Title of your e-portfolio e.g. My Professional Teaching E-Portfolio and a brief description what this e-portfolio is all about (
2) Pertinent information to introduce and profile yourself
(3) Your personal philosophy of early childhood education
(4) Your professional goal
(5) Future plans to achieve your professional goal
(6) Child development
(7) Learning environments
(8) NEL’s learning areas (choose any one of NEL’s six learning areas)
(9) Interactional and teaching strategies
(10) Assessment of children’s development and learning
For each set of contents, use a new heading card. Insert a text card or images to provide elaboration for each section.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Calling all James Cook University (JCU) students in Singapore! Struggling with your PY6003: Practicum 3 assignments? Look no further! Our expert team specializes in providing solutions for summative assignments and offers top-notch Essay Writing Services. As a reliable assignment help provider, we cater to the needs of Singapore students. Whether you require assistance with your PY6003: Practicum 3 Assignment, where you need to create a 5-day sequential unit plan with developmentally appropriate activities for children, or any other coursework, our experts are here to help. Pay our experts for exceptional and reliable assignment assistance. Contact us today to access our professional assignment help and excel in your studies at JCU.
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: What is the value of an investment in associates shown in the consolidated statement of financial position
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: Which of the following definitions is not included within the definition of control per MFRS10
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: XX acquired 80% of the share capital of LL on 1 August 2020 and is preparing its group financial statements
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices