|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|SST301 Strategic Management of Technology
SST301 Strategic Management of Technology, SUSS, Singapore: Parkinson’s disease (PD) affects three in every 1,000 Singaporeans aged 50 and above
Parkinson’s disease (PD) affects three in every 1,000 Singaporeans aged 50 and above. PD is a neurodegenerative ailment which causes changes in the neuronal, behavioral, and physiological structures. During the early stages of PD, these changes are very subtle, and hence accurate diagnosis is challenging. Pathological and neurological experts assess PD patients by examining their drawing, writing, walking, tremor, facial expressions, and speech. The manual analysis performed by specialists is time-consuming and prone to errors. Traditional machine learning methods require several manual steps, such as decomposition, extraction of features, and classification. Hence, an automated detection system using artificial intelligence (AI) can be developed for accurate diagnosis of PD.
A venture capitalist, recognising that Singapore is an aging society, would like to invest S$50 million in a start-up company that manufactures a portable diagnostic tool to automatically detect PD as early as possible. This innovative technology has an in-built algorithm that could automatically make a diagnosis of PD in real-time. The diagnosis outcome is the accurate early detection of PD in mature patients with movement disorders and aid the neurologists to confirm their manual screening. The proposed system should be simple to use, non-invasive, reliable and fully automated. It should have automated identification accuracy of more than 95% and is therefore suitable for use in clinical settings such as intensive care units. An early detection of PD could enable the patients to receive proper treatment and improve their quality of life.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Set up a detailed plan to show how you can introduce this technology to the market with a fund of S$50 million. The plan has to include all the unique functions of the diagnostic system and the reasons for the development of these functions. You should plan for this diagnostic tool to be profitable within two years. Your plan should be cohesive and written as a report with proper referencing. Evaluate your research of strategic management and relevant case studies to craft your detailed plan, which should address the following:
- Give reasons why this diagnostic tool is an innovative product.
- Compare the advantages and improvements of this technology to existing devices in the market.
- Assess the challenges that your company might face when introducing this diagnostic tool to the market.
- Formulate the strategies to be implemented for the product to be profitable within two years. A well-formulated plan should have the following:
- A background study of a diagnostic tool, the impact of this diagnostic tool to society.
- Initial market study and nature of competition for this product including the
advantages and disadvantages of the diagnostic tool.
- Strategies to promote and sell this diagnostic tool.
- Usage of the S-curve to decide and place the current position of such a technology.
- Allocation of the S$50 million fund.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Looking for academic support? Discover our specialized services, including assistance with GBA (Group-based Assignment), excellence in individual assignments, and the best in online assignment help in Singapore. Tailored for SUSS students enrolled in SST301 Strategic Management of Technology, our services also encompass comprehensive Case Study Writing Help. Singaporean students can conveniently pay our experts for seamless support, ensuring success in every aspect of their coursework.
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a complete Isometric Projection Drawing using as much space on a blank A4 Isometric
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A portable cooking stove – PCS, that may be packed in its own case and has the ability to be in either gas-fuel
- NCO111 Work And Learning In A Changing World Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Conduct A Critical Evaluation Of Your Learning Goals That Engage With The Arguments Expressed
- COMP4104 Cyber Security Assignment, LSBF, Singapore: “TradeX Finance Inc.” Is A Newly Incorporated Finance Organization, With Incorporations Obtained
- ECE316 Practitioner Enquiry And Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Formulate TWO (2) Related Research Questions Based On The Given Topic, Which Could Be Narrowed Further
- BUSM1137 Human Resource Development Essay, RMIT, Singapore: In this assessment task, you are required to write a short essay of no more than 1500 words to critically discuss
- ANL355 Applied Operations Research Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Steve Young, A Senior Sales Development Representative At A Local Wellness Gift Shop
- CTI304 English-Chinese Translation Of Literary Works Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Complaints Of Poverty Of Poets Are As Old As Their Art, But I Never Heard That They Wrote The Worse
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
- E-Business Assignment, Singapore: an analysis of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the adoption and utilisation of digital technologies
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices