|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
You recently joined Prime Bank, which has been operating as a retail bank in Singapore: Strategic Management, SUSS, Singapore
You recently joined Prime Bank (PB), which has been operating as a retail bank in Singapore, regulated by the MAS, for 11 years. PB’s parent company is based in New York, USA, and has been operating in the USA for 14 years. Part of the reason you wanted to work at PB is the forward-looking nature of its strategy, which was articulated in its last annual report. The report underlined the board’s commitment to continued aggressive expansion throughout Asia.
In that last annual report, issued in July 2021, the board reaffirmed their 2021 to 2024 strategy, which specifically included plans to:
- increase shareholder value by reducing costs
- increase revenue by 20% and profits by 30%
- take a 20% share of the private banking market, by acquisition
- invest in technology to increase customer ease of access and build an integrated payment solution
- become a data-driven organization.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
At 10 a.m. your head of department makes an announcement that all staff is to cease what they are working on and access the company’s intranet. The staff is directed to watch a video featuring the CEO. The purpose of the video is to advise staff that the firm has received the findings of the recent MAS inspection visit and that significant gaps were found, which must be addressed immediately. The following specific issues were identified.
- PB’s senior management had very poor and ineffective oversight that contributed to unacceptable risk culture.
- Where higher-risk applications were identified, they were not appropriately escalated for a decision as to whether to proceed with the onboarding. Instead, the staff member simply had to record that the customer was onboarded under the Enhanced Due Diligence protocols.
- PB failed to establish, by appropriate and reasonable means, basic information such as the source of wealth and source of funds before onboarding customers who presented a higher risk of money laundering or terrorism financing.
- PB failed to identify and investigate unusually large or unusual patterns of customer transactions that appeared to serve no obvious economic purpose or objective.
- PB often relied on the customers’ declarations, without obtaining further information to corroborate them.
- During the onboarding of new customers, PB failed to consider each applicant’s occupation as a factor when deciding the level of customer risk.
With reference to the above scenario, produce a note for the head of compliance, from the compliance function’s point of view, that contains a SWOT analysis (incorporating any other appropriate analytical tools, such as PESTLE) and highlights the key regulatory compliance and financial crime compliance concerns (from the functional and operational process perspectives) for PB in its efforts to remediate the findings of the regulator.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
After the video has finished, the compliance director advises you that she has put together a project plan to attend to the various issues. One of the first tasks is to prepare a proposal for the senior management that outlines the strategies and policies to be implemented in response to the fine. You have been asked to produce the proposal.
Your next task is to complete a Stakeholder Management and Communication Plan (using appropriate tools), identifying the five most influential stakeholder groups that you would want to address.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Attention, Singaporean students at the Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS) studying Strategic Management! Struggling with your course work related to Prime Bank? Look no further! Our Report Writing Service is here to provide expert assistance.
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
- E-Business Assignment, Singapore: an analysis of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the adoption and utilisation of digital technologies
- PSY371: Performance Psychology Report, SUSS, Singapore: Interview someone you know who needs to perform (in sports, performing arts, work, school, etc.)
- law Assignment SUSS, Singapore: In early 2020, Corona Lim (a Singaporean doctor with a background in mechanical engineering)
- GER510 Applied Research In Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Decades Of Research Have Shown That Being Surrounded By Trees Is Good For Us
- ACC213 Introduction To Income Tax Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Describe, Explain And Outline The Features Of Singapore’s Individual Income Tax System That Would Encourage
- Sustainable Tourism Assignment, MU, Singapore: Sustainable Tourism (ST) Has Gained Global Recognition By The Tourism Industry And Government Organizations
- Social Media Digital Marketing Report, SUSS, Singapore: Imagine That You Are The Social Media Manager Of A Small To Medium Organisation (Up To 250 Employees)
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Company Uses Normal Costing And Manufacturing Overhead Is Applied At The Rate Of 230% Of Direct Labor Cost
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Business Times Reported On 17 March 2022 That “Recovery In Visitor Arrivals To Singapore
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices