|University||Nanyang Technological University (NTU)|
|Subject||AC2101: Accounting Recognition and Measurement|
AC2101: Accounting Recognition and Measurement Case Study, NTU, Singapore Capricorn Ltd is a company that specializes in the leasing of robots for commercial and industrial purposes
Capricorn Ltd is a company that specializes in the leasing of robots for commercial and industrial purposes.
On 2 January 20×2, Capricorn entered into a non-cancellable lease agreement to lease Libra Ltd a standard industrial robot. The lease agreement required Libra to make an annual lease payment on 31 December of each year during
the lease term. It was estimated that the economic life of the equipment would be 5 years and the residual value of the equipment at the end of the economic life would be nil. Assume that the useful life approximates the economic life of the asset.
As part of the lease agreement, Libra committed a guarantee to Capricorn that the equipment would have a value of not less than $5,000 at the end of the lease. Capricorn’s financial services division, Virgo Capital, provided a further guarantee of $55,000 for the leased equipment. In addition, Capricorn estimated that there would be an unguaranteed residual value of $2,000 at the end of the lease term.
Other agreed terms of the lease were as follows:
The implicit interest rate of the lease was 3%. Capricorn has a 31 December financial year-end and prepares its financial statements in accordance with Singapore Financial Reporting Standards.
- Determine the annual lease payments payable by Libra.
- Evaluate whether the lease agreement is an operating or finance lease from
- Provide the journal entries in the books of Capricorn on 2 January 20×2 and 31
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Tags:- NTU CASE STUDY
- BUS341 Business Negotiation: An International Perspective Case Study, MU, Singapore: What went wrong ( from an intercultural communication perspective )
- SOC263 Sociology of Education, SUSS, Singapore: There is no power relation without the correlative constitution of a field of knowledge, nor any knowledge
- English Essay, NTU, Singapore: Meritocracy has been upheld as a significant tenet of Singapore society. However, many critics argue
- Mechanical Engineering & Technology (topic strength of materials) Other, NTU, Singapore: A simply supported beam of a square cross-section of side 100mm with a uniform distributed
- Ports And Terminals Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Perform A Study On The Effect/Impact Of Oil Price On The Demand For Offshore Support Vessels (PSV/AHTSV) And/Or Mobile Offshore Drilling Units
- Mobile system and security Other, KU, Singapore: AMY Networks is a consultancy business that designs, installs, and operates different types of wireless and wired networks
- FIN2001S Economics and Market Innovations Assignment, UCD, Singapore: Discuss how can the mentioned multisided company use technology effectively to enhance business performance
- MGMT415 Airline Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Turkish Airlines Define Revenue Drivers, Cost Structures, The Importance Of Ancillary (Non-Flying) Revenues, The General Level Of Annual Profitability
- School of Diploma – PHRM: Individual Assignment Assignment, NYP, Singapore: DNR Wheels Pte Ltd is a leading provider of disability and rehabilitative equipment including
- BM1987 Employment law Assignment, NYP, Singapore: The ability to provide a clear and accurate summary of background, scope and coverage of the Employment
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices