|University||National University of Singapore (NUS)|
|Subject||Management of Chronic Disease Assignment|
Management of Chronic Disease Assignment, NUS, Singapore: An Evidence-Based Nursing Intervention Decreases Anxiety, Depression, Sleep Quality
An Evidence-Based Nursing Intervention Decreases Anxiety, Depression, Sleep Quality and Somatic Symptoms of Patients with Acute Ischemic Stroke
Stroke is the second-most cause of mortality worldwide, and there are about 2.5 million new stroke cases occurring in China each year.1,2 The leading subtype of stroke is acute ischemic stroke (AIS), which is triggered by cerebral ischemia, leading to the dysfunction of brain vascular components.3 It has been reported that a large number of AIS patients faced serious post-stroke complications such as depression and anxiety after stroke.2 Given its great incidence following stroke, stroke-induced PTSD may be a substantial new risk factor for recurrent stroke, which is also rather prevalent.4 These post-stroke complications can adversely affect stroke clinical outcomes, increase the risk of functional dependence, and reduce the quality of life (QOL). 5 Depressive feelings and a lack of self-efficacy in the rehabilitation process are linked to
a poor level of physiotherapy effectiveness6 Therefore, effective management to reduce post-stroke complications in AIS patients is essential.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Biopsychosocial factors, such as a patient’s age, gender, and time since the onset of stroke, as well as socioeconomic status and the effectiveness of formal and informal care, appear to be the most important areas of study in post-stroke rehabilitation. This is because the factors that affect a patient’s recovery after a stroke can differ greatly from person to person. As a result, bio-psychosocial assessment of patients and evidence-based nursing interventions is essential to their recovery.
In recent years, pieces of evidence from previous studies have indicated that specialized nursing care contributed to the improvement of post-stroke depression and anxiety. 2,5 For example, Verberne et al found that nurse-led stroke aftercare, which included procedures such as psychoeducation, cognitive and emotional screening, and specialist care, showed beneficial for emotional well-being in comparison to care-as-usual.5 Zhang et al2 demonstrated that a newly designed intensive caregiver education program conducted by nurses could effectively reduce anxiety and depression in patients with AIS.
Evidence-based nursing (EBN) intervention is a nursing strategy that uses credible scientific research results as evidence in combination with patient needs to implement patient care, providing patients with personalized nursing
services.6,7 EBN has been widely applied in clinical practice and makes great progress in the management of diseases such as chest pain,8 postpartum depression 6, and acute coronary syndrome. 9 For stroke, previous studies have shown that using EBN theories could reduce the morbidity and mortality associated with stroke.10,11 Based on previous research results on post-stroke depression and anxiety, we hypothesized that EBN might have
benefits in improving the psychiatric outcomes of patients with AIS. Thus, we established an EBN team composed of the head nurse and the nurses in charge of the Department of Neurology in our hospital. We aimed to explore the effects of EBN intervention on anxiety, depression, sleep quality, and somatic symptoms of patients with AIS.
(a) How to effectively improve the patient’s depression, anxiety, sleep quality, and somatic symptoms after stroke;
(b) How to implement effective psychological suggestions for patients with stroke
(c) How to improve the patient’s post-stroke nursing effect.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Are you a student at the National University of Singapore (NUS) struggling with your Management of Chronic Disease Assignment? Look no further! At Best Assignment Help Singapore, we offer top-notch Essay Writing Services tailored to Singaporean students. Our expert team can assist you with your TMA, Individual Assignments, and more. Say goodbye to anxiety, depression, and sleepless nights - let us provide you with an evidence-based nursing intervention to excel in your studies. Pay our experts for the help you need and take control of your course today.
- COMP5355 cyber security Report, SIM, Singapore: Analyzing the SSL/TLS certificate verification of real Android apps
- BBS63 principal of finance Assignment, TP, Singapore: Discuss the appropriate method to estimate the current value of National without the change in gaming payouts
- BE314 Financial Modeling Assignment, UOE, Singapore: Plot Each Of The Series (FIXED_RATE, STARTS And SOLD) Against Time. Comment On The Observations
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Use The Image Data In The Directory To Train A Machine-Learning Hand Sign Classifier
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Format The Text Dataset Into The Bag Of Words Using Python’s Orange Library
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Develop A Prototype With Machine Learning Model. Split The Dataset Into A Training Set And A Testing Set
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Develop A Python Orange Program To Train A Machine Learning Classifiers To Classify The Mobile Phone Price Range
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Apply The Best Algorithm In Python’s Orange Library To Group Together Images That Share Similar Features
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices