|University||Nanyang Technological University (NTU)|
Engineering Dissertation, NTU, Singapore An overhead line is known as overhead wire or cable which is hung between poles or pylon and The function is to transmit and distribute electric energy
An overhead line is known as overhead wire or cable which is hung between poles or pylon. The function is to transmit and distribute electric energy or signals to switching stations, substations, electric public vehicles, and so on. Overhead lines comprise one or more insulated electrical wires or cables. Live line working, otherwise called hotline maintenance, remains the support of electrical hardware, regularly working at high voltage, while the electricity is on or off condition.
To do maintenance for the live overhead line is very high risk compare to the offline transmission lines. Therefore, a proper maintenance procedure is needed in order to perform live maintenance so that the power utilities can reduce the power disturbance and maintenance cost for transmission lines and other equipment. The core procedures for live maintenance were created in the last twentieth century, and both work techniques and hardware were later advanced to manage future higher demand in voltage and power
1. In the 1960s, the research facility came out that there were instruments and suits that could be used in direct contact with higher voltage limits. These techniques can be employed to enable safe work at the highest transmission voltage level. With the need for live line work as well as the evolving growth of technology, these live line work techniques are constantly advanced and new.
Environmental concerns and lack of new power line construction on account of forced limitations are making the maintenance work increasingly difficult for utilities to utilize planned outages during transmission line maintenance. Additionally, constantly increasing the power load and consumer demand were the factors that made live maintenance the only viable solution. Thus, highly specialized tools and techniques are required. Equipment and work methods of performing live line maintenance mitigate the considerable hazards of working on energized power lines. They all are intended to prevent current flow from equipment and through linemen
2. The techniques and methods used are hot stick (insulated pole), insulating gloves or rubber gloves, bare hand (potential), helicopter techniques (wearing Faraday suit), and robotic technologies including ground-based, suspended, and aerial robots . Safety considerations when working direct and how to perform live maintenance is safer during energizing because the linesman is aware of the dangers involved which will lead to being more cautious than de-energized.
This chapter will outline the main idea and aims of the research to be proposed. Furthermore, this will shed some light on live working techniques or methods on overhead lines (OHL) maintenance. This chapter will discuss some important aspects of the current study such as research background, research problem, aims and objectives, and contribution of the study.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Enhance your academic journey with online assignment experts at My Assignment Help SG. Elevate your dissertation writing experience through our dedicated services, tailored to Nanyang Technological University (NTU) students. Unparalleled guidance and support await, ensuring your research flourishes under expert tutelage. Unveil a world of convenience and excellence as you embark on a seamless academic endeavor with our acclaimed platform.
Tags:- ENGINEERING QUIZ
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: What is the value of an investment in associates shown in the consolidated statement of financial position
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: Which of the following definitions is not included within the definition of control per MFRS10
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: XX acquired 80% of the share capital of LL on 1 August 2020 and is preparing its group financial statements
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices