|University||Northumbria University (NU)|
|Subject||AP0507: Principles of Cellular and Biomolecular Analysis|
AP0507:Principles of Cellular and Biomolecular Analysis Assignment, NU, Singapore An annotated bibliography is a list of citations articles; each citation is followed by a brief description and evaluative paragraph, the annotation
- Understand the operating principles of a range of illustrative molecular separation technologies, spectrometric technologies, and selective technologies and their application in bioscience analyses
- To be able to select appropriate technologies to deliver a biomedical analysis for research or diagnostic purposes based upon sample characteristics, sensitivity, selectivity, and professional workflow constraints.
- To recognize the variety of approaches available to secure an analytical outcome.
An annotated bibliography is a list of citations articles; each citation is followed by a brief description and evaluative paragraph, the annotation. The purpose of the annotation is to inform the reader of the relevance of the data/paper presented to the central topic and an appreciation of how the scientific technique was used to generate this data.
The analytical techniques for the component 2 poster are from the second half of the taught material and are Enzyme based assays, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, Chromatography, and Mass Spectrometry.
Creating an annotated bibliography calls for the application of a variety of intellectual skills: informed library research, identification of appropriate sources, ability to read and summarise, identification of the purpose of the paper, and analysis of the analytical techniques used to provide data that addresses the central purpose of the paper.
First, locate the two papers that you have been provided within the assessment folder on the module site. You must then analyze the papers and provide an annotation of them with a focus on how the key techniques were used to provide relevant data that analyses the central problem.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Then identify a further two primary research papers that each use at least one of the analytical techniques to research the broader topic of the use of drugs in society. The two papers you identify should use different techniques. You have been provided with literature searching seminars and should use these techniques and skills for this assessment.
The general research topic area can be drug use in biomedicine, sports cheats/performance-enhancing drugs, drugs of abuse and addiction, environmental pollution, or use of drugs in the food chain. The focus is up to you, but both of the papers that you independently analyze should be in the same research area should use one or more of the techniques listed.
Write a concise annotation that summarizes the central theme and scope of the article. Your annotations should only be from primary research papers; these are papers that create their own data using one of the techniques and provide information relevant to the central topic. Provide a citation list of the articles in a reference list in the middle of the poster in the Journal of Cell Biology style.
Annotations vs. Abstracts, what’s the difference
Abstracts are the purely descriptive summaries often found at the beginning of scholarly journal articles. Annotations are on the other hand much richer and provide a critique of the paper. When reading a paper it is good practice to annotate so you have a quick summary of the paper.
The process of annotation allows you the reader to structure your thoughts on a paper and is crucial to your development as an independent researcher. In this assignment brief, you present annotations on key papers as a poster that presents your critical analysis of the applications of the key techniques to an area of scientific study.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
- COMP5355 cyber security Report, SIM, Singapore: Analyzing the SSL/TLS certificate verification of real Android apps
- BBS63 principal of finance Assignment, TP, Singapore: Discuss the appropriate method to estimate the current value of National without the change in gaming payouts
- BE314 Financial Modeling Assignment, UOE, Singapore: Plot Each Of The Series (FIXED_RATE, STARTS And SOLD) Against Time. Comment On The Observations
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Use The Image Data In The Directory To Train A Machine-Learning Hand Sign Classifier
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Format The Text Dataset Into The Bag Of Words Using Python’s Orange Library
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Develop A Prototype With Machine Learning Model. Split The Dataset Into A Training Set And A Testing Set
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Develop A Python Orange Program To Train A Machine Learning Classifiers To Classify The Mobile Phone Price Range
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Apply The Best Algorithm In Python’s Orange Library To Group Together Images That Share Similar Features
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices