|University||National University of Singapore (NUS)|
Posted on: 30th Sep 2023
Data Analytics Assignment, NUS, Singapore Max Burg is considering setting up a restaurant. If he opens it in Castle Street, he believes there is an equal chance of making a profit
- Max Burg is considering setting up a restaurant. If he opens it in Castle Street, he believes there is an equal chance of making a profit of £150,000 or £100,000 in the first year, depending on whether the trade is high or low. If, however, he opens a site on the High Street, then he believes he has a 70% chance of making a profit of £150,000 and a 30% chance of making a profit of £100,000 in the first year. Where should he open the restaurant if he wishes to maximize his expected profit over the first year, and what is the expected profit from his chosen course of action?
- Max is concerned about the possibility of the UK being in recession by the time the restaurant would be opened. He thinks there is a 40% chance of recession. If there is no recession, then the situation is as described in part. However, if there is a recession, then he estimates that the Castle Street restaurant would result in £20,000 profit or £30,000 loss over the first year with equal probabilities. At the High Street site, if there is a recession, he estimates he would have a 40% chance of making a profit of £100,000 and a 60% chance of losing £50,000 in the first year. Draw a decision tree for this problem. Using your decision tree determine if Max should open a restaurant if he wants to maximize his expected profit over the first year, and if so, where and what is the expected profit from this chosen course of action?
- Discuss the limitations of the decision analysis performed and whether the maximization of expected profits is a sensible criterion for Max to use when making his decision.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Recent Solved Questions
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
- Business Process And Systems Assignment, TP, Singapore: Explain the business model at B&M – this can be found in the annual report How does B&M create value for their customer
- Networking Assignment, NUS, Singapore: The TCP/IP Reference Model is a description of layered communications and computer network design
- SOE09702 International Business Course Work, ENU, Singapore: Analysis of political, economic, cultural, legal and ethical risks in the country elected
- AY2023 Drug Action Assignment, PC, Singapore: Drugs A and B bind to the same type of receptors. These two drugs were studied using organ bath experiments
- MN2706K Human Recourse Management Essay, SUSS, Singapore: The objective of this exercise is to teach you how to critically read, and understand
- BUS211: International Logistics Final Examination, MU, Singapore
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices
Plagiarism Free Solutions
100% Original Work
24*7 Online Assistance
Native PhD Experts