|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
MKT362: Pricing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore In wealthy Singapore, where new vehicle registration is tightly controlled to manage the city state’s traffic and pollution
In wealthy Singapore, where new vehicle registration is tightly controlled to manage the city state’s traffic and pollution, Tesla Inc is having a moment: surging sales are gobbling up rivals’ market share. The buying frenzy in one of the world’s most expensive places to own a vehicle – Tesla’s most basic Model 3 costs nearly S$200,000 in Singapore, largely due to an ownership levy. The number of new Tesla on Singapore roads has risen more than ten-fold to 487 in the third quarter, from just 30 in the first half, data from Singapore’s Land Transport Authority showed.
“I bought the car because I’m a supporter and shareholder of the company,” said software engineer Tim Shim, who reserved a Model 3 five years ago but received just recently as sales began this year in the city-state. Helped by Tesla fans like Shim, the company became Singapore’s sixth-most popular car brand in September, outselling Nissan, Audi, and Kia.
Experts say there is no single cause for the surge, although Singapore did announce this year up to S$45,000 subsidy for buyers of electric cars. Because Tesla seems to have fared better than other companies at weathering supply chain issues, it may simply be able to deliver more cars than competitors.
“Pent-up demand is relatively large. Now the supply is in place and Tesla is most likely working through a large backlog,” said Niels de Boer, an electromobility expert at Nanyang Technological University (NTU). Singapore’s strict limits on car registrations until early 2025 mean Tesla’s market share gain comes at the cost of its rivals.
“A Tesla car is cheaper to own when compared to equivalent class sedans from other famous Western brands like Mercedes and BMW,” said Andy Seo, who switched to Tesla from a Volvo. He said it costs about S$20-S$30 to fully charge a Model 3 near his home. NTU’s de Boer expects the Tesla frenzy to fade longer-term as competition heats up, but said it could help broaden the adoption of electric vehicles. “I think Tesla will help with the shift: this is buying an EV while being cool and trendy,” he said.
- Compared to internal combustion engine (ICE) cars in the same price range, illustrate the estimation of the monetary value of Tesla Model Basic 3 in the context of the car market in Singapore.
- As the Pricing Manager of Tesla Singapore, discuss two effective strategies to convey the psychological value of the Tesla Model 3 to influence the buyer purchase decisions.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Elevate your pricing strategy with tailored guidance! MY Assignment Help SG presents a dedicated online assignment writing service for MKT362: Pricing Assignment at the Singapore University of Social Science. Our adept writers provide insightful solutions for your pricing assignments. Enhance your understanding and academic performance with expert assistance. Visit us for a value-infused learning experience!
- Data visualization Course Work, NUS, Singapore: Read the full specification of the module coursework and ensure you understand the time- line
- DSM010 Big data analysis Course Work, UOL, Singapore: Implement the K-Means clustering algorithm with Euclidean and Manhattan Distance Measures
- DSM010 Big data analysis Course Work, UOL, Singapore: Find the descriptive statistics for temperature of each day of a given month for the year 2007
- HBC203 Statistics and Data Analysis for the Social and Behavioral Sciences Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Some experts in public health have proposed to cut tobacco-related deaths by reducing nicotine levels in cigarettes
- HBC203 Statistics and Data Analysis for the Social and Behavioral Sciences Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Researchers use experimental designs to make causal inference
- HRM331 Talent Management, SUSS, Singapore: Begin by conducting research on the topic of hiring for cultural fit. This research explores both the proponents’ and critics’
- ECON1056 Managerial and Business Economics Report, SIM, Singapore: What is the maximum price the company can charge a household for an income insurance policy?
- HBC101 Understanding Contemporary Society: The Social and Behavioral Sciences Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: “Countdown to Singapore’s Presidential Elections: Who is Likely to Run?”
- PSS101 Introduction to Singapore Legal System Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: All would be lost if the same man or the same body of principal men…exercised these three powers; that of making the laws
- PSS221 Urban Resilience and Security and Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: This unit aims to introduce terminology and concepts associated with urban resilience
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices