|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||The Law and You|
GSP165: The Law and You Assignment SUSS Singapore Marco, who was a senior director of the renowned social media company Tweety has recently resigned
(a) Marco, who was a senior director of the renowned social media company Tweety has recently resigned, claiming that Tweety had failed to pay him (and other employees) $33,000 in promised bonuses. In Jan 2022, Tweety promised its employees that they would receive 50% of their target bonuses, however, Marco never received that money. State and elaborate what are the key elements that need to be present for Marco to prove that there is a legally binding contract between Tweety and him.
(b) The promised bonus was made for sales targets that Marco had achieved in 2021 Explain whether there is sufficient consideration in this case.
(c) Tweety was later bought over by a billionaire Elan Mask. Elan posted a social media post on Tweety, directed at Marco, that if he can continue to keep up with his sales target in 2022, he will indeed be given the promised bonus. Marco replied to that post with a poop emoji. Explain whether Marco is likely to successfully claim this bonus assuming he does hit the 2022 target.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
(d) When Elan Mask took over Tweety, he conducted mass layoffs of majority of the staff. List and explain what possible remedies these retrenched staff can claim from Tweety.
(e) Sim Tia, one of the retrenched staff, was severely depressed as a result of this. She believed that Elan Mask fired her because he is sexist. As a result, she hates all men and decided to call off her wedding with her fiancé, Inn O’sen. She now wishes to sue Tweety for damages for all the resulting losses including $200,000 that was paid to the hotel for the wedding dinner. Evaluate and explain the chances of her success.
In recent years, ‘frontier tourism’ (i.e. exclusive and extreme form of adventure travel that are very expensive) has gained popularity. The crazy rich are increasingly trying high risk tourism, including space or deep sea travel. A recently founded company, Oceandoor had built a submersible vehicle, which it claims is able to bring tourists to the bottom of the seabed to explore famous ship wreckages.
(a) The founder and CEO of Oceandoor, Mr Rush, told one potential customer, Mr Rich, that his submersible is “safer than crossing street”. He said, “While there’s obviously risk it’s way safer than flying in a helicopter or even scuba diving. There hasn’t been even an injury in 35 years in a non-military subs.” He offered the customer a greatly discounted ticket for $150,000 – a $100,000 discount on the normal fee. Believing Mr Rush’s safety guarantee, Mr Rich purchased the ticket. Subsequently, Mr Rich’s son strongly opposed to this because of safety concerns. Mr Rich now thinks he made a mistake and wants a full refund of the $150,000. Outline and discuss whether he can set aside this contract.
(b) Mr Rush later argued that he had very clearly stated all the risks involved in this expedition, and that Mr Rich agreed to it. Mr Rich realised that the long list of risks was written at the back of his ticket in font size 8.
(c) Explain the requirements to establish (i) mistake and (ii) frustration as a vitiating factor in contracts.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Struggling with Formative and tutor marked assignments in "The Law and You" course at Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)? Look no further for comprehensive support. Our expert team is dedicated to your success in GSP165. Whether it's deciphering legal intricacies like Marco's resignation from Tweety, or delivering impeccable essays, our specialized Essay Writing Services have you covered. Singapore students seeking a reliable assignment helper need not search any further. Elevate your academic journey and secure top grades by leveraging our expertise. Your path to excellence starts with us!
- BUS341 Business Negotiation: An International Perspective Case Study, MU, Singapore: What went wrong ( from an intercultural communication perspective )
- SOC263 Sociology of Education, SUSS, Singapore: There is no power relation without the correlative constitution of a field of knowledge, nor any knowledge
- English Essay, NTU, Singapore: Meritocracy has been upheld as a significant tenet of Singapore society. However, many critics argue
- Mechanical Engineering & Technology (topic strength of materials) Other, NTU, Singapore: A simply supported beam of a square cross-section of side 100mm with a uniform distributed
- Ports And Terminals Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Perform A Study On The Effect/Impact Of Oil Price On The Demand For Offshore Support Vessels (PSV/AHTSV) And/Or Mobile Offshore Drilling Units
- Mobile system and security Other, KU, Singapore: AMY Networks is a consultancy business that designs, installs, and operates different types of wireless and wired networks
- FIN2001S Economics and Market Innovations Assignment, UCD, Singapore: Discuss how can the mentioned multisided company use technology effectively to enhance business performance
- MGMT415 Airline Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Turkish Airlines Define Revenue Drivers, Cost Structures, The Importance Of Ancillary (Non-Flying) Revenues, The General Level Of Annual Profitability
- School of Diploma – PHRM: Individual Assignment Assignment, NYP, Singapore: DNR Wheels Pte Ltd is a leading provider of disability and rehabilitative equipment including
- BM1987 Employment law Assignment, NYP, Singapore: The ability to provide a clear and accurate summary of background, scope and coverage of the Employment
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices