|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||SCO119: Understanding Vulnerability|
SCO119: Understanding Vulnerability Assignment, SUSS, Singapore You are required to write an op-ed with a clear topic about a vulnerable group or population in Singapore
You are required to write an op-ed with a clear topic about a vulnerable group or population in Singapore. An op-ed is an opinion piece that is meant for publication in a newspaper. To write a good op-ed, you need to demonstrate a good understanding of the topic, both in terms of depth and breadth. In this assignment, the topic related to the chosen vulnerable group will be related to the concepts and terms discussed in the ESG of SCO119. You will also be required to use scientific referring in the op-ed writing.
The op-ed should demonstrate your knowledge about issues related to the vulnerable group or population in Singapore. The op-ed topic should be a topic to one of the aspects of the social life of the chosen vulnerable group or population in Singapore in today’s context. The topic should show a relationship between the vulnerable group or population and the topic.
You will describe the sociodemographic, sociocultural, social-psychological, and socioeconomic characteristics of the chosen group or population. You will interpret the impacts due to stigma, stereotypes, discrimination, risk, precarity, etc. mentioned in SU1 on this group or population. Moreover, you will demonstrate relevant quantitative or qualitative data to support your arguments and empirical evidence in Singapore or in other countries. You will develop thoughtful suggestions to improve the current situation to conclude the op-ed.
You will be assessed holistically and the following breakdown of tasks will help guide you in developing and organizing your op-ed:
- Define a vulnerable group or population in Singapore and an op-ed topic.
- Describe the relevant sociodemographic, sociocultural, social-psychological, and/or socioeconomic characteristics of the chosen vulnerable group or population in Singapore.
- Interpret the impacts related to stigma, stereotypes, discrimination, risk, precarity, etc. mentioned in SU1 on the social, economic, and/or psychological outcomes of the chosen vulnerable group in Singapore.
- Demonstrate relevant quantitative data and/or qualitative data to enhance the
arguments and empirical evidence. Relevant images, graphs, and charts that are relevant to the analysis can also be included.
- Develop thoughtful suggestions to improve the current situations of the chosen vulnerable group or population.
- Cite relevant and credible sources in APA Style. Although usually, op-eds do not need references, for this exercise you need to demonstrate that all the information you use for this piece is based on reliable sources. All references should be properly cited.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Seeking support for SCO119: Understanding Vulnerability Assignment? Look no further than Online Assignment Experts. At My Assignment Help SG, we specialize in delivering top-notch "Do My Assignment" services. Our platform caters to scholars enrolled at the Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS). Let our skilled professionals guide you towards a deeper comprehension of the subject. Join us to excel academically and unlock your true potential.
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: What is the value of an investment in associates shown in the consolidated statement of financial position
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: Which of the following definitions is not included within the definition of control per MFRS10
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: XX acquired 80% of the share capital of LL on 1 August 2020 and is preparing its group financial statements
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices