|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|2ECO203e International Economics Assignment
2ECO203e International Economics Assignment, SUSS, Singapore The USA imports 380,000 units of cellphones from China, and locally the USA produces 120,000 units
The USA imports 380,000 units of cellphones from China, and locally the USA produces 120,000 units. The world price for cell phones is $300 per unit. The USA is a large country and imposed a tariff of 25% for the importation of cellphones from China as a retaliation due to its trade imbalance with China. Due to the tariff, the world price falls by 10%, local production increases by 80% and local consumption falls by 20%.
(a) Solve for the price after the tariff was imposed, and the quantity of cellphones produced, consumed and imported in the USA. Show your answers with a proper diagram of the cellphones market.
(b) Explain the effects on the consumer surplus, producer surplus, deadweight loss and terms of trade of the cellphones market in the USA after the tariff was imposed. Explain the welfare effects of both countries.
Examine the causes of the Asian Financial Crisis in 1997 and analyze the impacts on one of these countries which have been badly affected.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
With the establishment of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) in the year 2015, broadly discuss the benefits that members could gain from such regional economic cooperation through international and regional trades.
Subsequently, discuss the expected benefits through specific projects that have been realised through the AEC, using the case of one member country as an example.
(a) Discuss with a real-world example what an optimum currency area is and explain its advantages and disadvantages.
(b) Political tensions and the Covid-19 pandemic have resulted in an 18-month economic recession in Hong Kong since 2019. In the second quarter of 2020, Hong Kong recorded a balance of payment deficit. Suppose that an expansionary monetary policy was suggested. Illustrate the effects of such a policy on Hong Kong, and assess the effectiveness of the policy (There is no need to discuss the effects on China).
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Excel in your academic pursuits with our specialized services, featuring support for individual assignments and expert guidance in Case Study Writing Help. Specifically tailored for Singapore students, our dedicated Assignment Helper service ensures success in subjects like 2ECO203e International Economics Assignment at SUSS. Dive into the complexities of global trade, such as the USA importing 380,000 units of cellphones from China while locally producing 120,000 units. Singaporean students, pay for expert assistance and elevate your academic performance effortlessly with our tailored support.
- FMT315: Some of the broad strategies to optimize energy efficiency in existing building involve: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: There are several forms of renewable energy sources that are available for the built environment: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- FMT315: “A well-designed building uses the right combination of both passive and active design strategies: Sustainable Buildings Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302: Compare how the Early Years Development Framework, 2023 and the Nurturing: Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore
- ECE302 Children’s Social and Emotional Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Discuss at least THREE (3) key points that the author raised in the article with regards to children’s social:
- Case 7- Harley-Davidson, Inc. in 2018 Review-Harley-Davidson, Inc. was far from being the world’s biggest motorcycle manufacturer: Assignment, Singapore
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Outline Porter’s generic strategy of differentiation and explain, using examples from the case study
- Sustainable Strategic Business Management Assignment, AGI, Singapore: Product development allows a company to modify existing products or develop
- BSP2701 Economics Assignment, NTU, Singapore: Under The Fractional Reserve Banking System, We Can Compute The Money Supply By Adding The Monetary
- PSY305 Exploring The Mind Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The following headline was featured in the Life section of The Straits Times on 17 November 2023
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices