|Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
|Mechanical Engineering & Technology (topic strength of materials) Other
Mechanical Engineering & Technology (topic strength of materials) Other, NTU, Singapore: A simply supported beam of a square cross-section of side 100mm with a uniform distributed
Section B: Structure questions
1. A simply supported beam of a square cross-section of side 100mm with a uniform distributed loading of 5kN/m and a point load of 40kN is shown in the figure below.
a.) Calculate all reaction forces at A and B. (4 marks)
b.) Sketch the shear force and bending moment diagrams. (8 marks)
c.) Calculate the internal reactions at point C. (4 marks)
d.) Calculate the maximum bending stress at section C.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
2. A shaft is made of an alloy having an allowable shear stress of τallow = 150 MPa.
a.) If the diameter of the shaft is 70 mm, determine the maximum torque T that can be transmitted. (6 marks)
b.) What would be the maximum torque T’ if a 15-mm-diameter hole were bored through the shaft? (7 marks)
c.) Using the torque T’ calculated in (b), determine the shear stress at the inner wall of the hollow shaft. (4 marks)
d.) Between (a) and (b), which dimension would you choose to construct a machinery, and why?
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Are you a Nanyang Technological University (NTU) student grappling with Mechanical Engineering and technology assignments, particularly on the topic of strength of materials? Look no further! Our services specialize in aiding Singaporean students with individual assignments and Dissertation Writing Services in Singapore. Whether it's mastering the intricacies of a simply supported beam with a square cross-section or seeking assistance with any assignment writing service needs, our experts are here to provide comprehensive support. Save time and ensure top-notch performance by availing yourself of our expertise today.
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a complete Isometric Projection Drawing using as much space on a blank A4 Isometric
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A portable cooking stove – PCS, that may be packed in its own case and has the ability to be in either gas-fuel
- NCO111 Work And Learning In A Changing World Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Conduct A Critical Evaluation Of Your Learning Goals That Engage With The Arguments Expressed
- COMP4104 Cyber Security Assignment, LSBF, Singapore: “TradeX Finance Inc.” Is A Newly Incorporated Finance Organization, With Incorporations Obtained
- ECE316 Practitioner Enquiry And Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Formulate TWO (2) Related Research Questions Based On The Given Topic, Which Could Be Narrowed Further
- BUSM1137 Human Resource Development Essay, RMIT, Singapore: In this assessment task, you are required to write a short essay of no more than 1500 words to critically discuss
- ANL355 Applied Operations Research Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Steve Young, A Senior Sales Development Representative At A Local Wellness Gift Shop
- CTI304 English-Chinese Translation Of Literary Works Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Complaints Of Poverty Of Poets Are As Old As Their Art, But I Never Heard That They Wrote The Worse
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
- E-Business Assignment, Singapore: an analysis of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the adoption and utilisation of digital technologies
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices