|University||Nanyang Technological University (NTU)|
|Subject||AC2101: Accounting Recognition and Measurement|
AC2101: Accounting Recognition and Measurement Case Study, NTU, Singapore MicroFilm Ltd is a newly listed company that produces special coatings for a variety of surfaces such as metal
MicroFilm Ltd is a newly listed company that produces special coatings for a variety of surfaces such as metal. plastic, and wood. MF has a 31 December financial year-end and prepares its financial statements in accordance with Singapore Financial Reporting Standards.
Over the period from 20×1 to 20×3. MF issued bonds and made a couple of ofkey investments. Specifically. the company made the following transactions:
(1) On 2 January 20×1. MF issued 3-year zero-coupon bonds with a face value of $5.000.000 for S4.024,803. and incurred transaction costs of $80,000. The face value of the bond will be repayable on 31 December 20×3. MF recognized these bonds on an amortized cost basis. For ME bonds, tax deduction was given based on the recognized interest expense amount and would be given upon bond maturity when MF incurs outlay to redeem the full face value of the bonds.
(2) On 2 January 20×2. Nickel works Ltd. is a listed company dealing with the trading of nickel and other metals. privately placed out some unlisted call options on its ordinary shares to selected investors. MF bought 500.000 NW options with a strike price of $2.50 and an expiration date on 31 December 20×3. MF purchased the options at their estimated fair value of $0.01 per option. Transaction cost for the purchase was negligible.
(3) On 31 December 20×2. the fair value of each call option was estimated by MF to be $0.20. On the expiration date of the NW options (i.e., 31 December 20×3). MF exercised all the options and received NW’s shares when NW’s share price was $3.00 per share and the fair value of each option was the same as the intrinsic value. Gains or losses from the investment in NW options were taxable or deductible when recognized.
On 2 January 20×3. MF acquired bonds of OakTree Ltd (“OT bonds”), an agricultural business dealing with hardwood such as oak and maple. The bonds had a par value of $1.000.000 and were purchased at $960.000.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Looking for academic support? Our Assignment Help SG service is here for Singapore students at Nanyang Technological University (NTU). Tackling AC2101: Accounting Recognition and Measurement or any subject can be easier with our expert assistance. From comprehensive Report Writing Service to in-depth analysis of case studies like AC2101's MicroFilm Ltd, a newly listed coatings company, we've got you covered. Focus on your studies while our professionals ensure your success
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: What is the value of an investment in associates shown in the consolidated statement of financial position
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: Which of the following definitions is not included within the definition of control per MFRS10
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: XX acquired 80% of the share capital of LL on 1 August 2020 and is preparing its group financial statements
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices