|National University of Singapore (NUS)
ACC3601 Corporate Accounting and Reporting Assignment, NUS Singapore present the financial affairs of a parent company and its legally distinct subsidiaries as if they were a single unified economic entity
The purpose of consolidated financial statements is to ‘present the financial affairs of a parent company and its legally distinct subsidiaries as if they were a single unified economic entity (Huefner and Largay III, 1990, p. 26).
However, problems persist in relation to consolidated financial reporting such as ‘control when ownership is absent; technical issues of asset valuation; goodwill recognition, and minority interest presentation; and the need for separate reporting in addition to consolidated financial statements (Huefner and Largay III, 1990, p. 38).
The international financial reporting standard that provides guidance on consolidated financial statements is IFRS 10 (Australian equivalent is AASB 10). The objective of IFRS 10/AASB 10 Consolidated Financial Statements is to ‘establish principles for the presentation and preparation of consolidated financial statements when an entity controls one or more other entities’ (AASB, 2015) There have been positive as well as negative reports on the implementation of IFRS 10/AASB 10.
For example, it leads to an increase in consolidated statements quality (Muller, 2014); the effects of the adoption are associated with financial reporting incentives (Bedford et al., 2022); or that consolidated financial statements do not possess the information content frequently attributed to them in the literature (Walker, 1976).
Qn: According to an article published by Huefner and Largay III (1990), one of the issues regarding consolidated financial reporting is ‘consolidation policy: the circumstances under which subsidiaries should or should not be consolidated.’ (Huefner and Largay III, 1990, p. 28). Why do the authors think it is an issue? You must support your answer with published articles and journals.
- In the month of December, Fruits Pte Ltd made credit sales of $15,000 and a cash sale of $5,000: Accounting Home Work, NUS, Singapore
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a complete Isometric Projection Drawing using as much space on a blank A4 Isometric
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A portable cooking stove – PCS, that may be packed in its own case and has the ability to be in either gas-fuel
- NCO111 Work And Learning In A Changing World Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Conduct A Critical Evaluation Of Your Learning Goals That Engage With The Arguments Expressed
- COMP4104 Cyber Security Assignment, LSBF, Singapore: “TradeX Finance Inc.” Is A Newly Incorporated Finance Organization, With Incorporations Obtained
- ECE316 Practitioner Enquiry And Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Formulate TWO (2) Related Research Questions Based On The Given Topic, Which Could Be Narrowed Further
- BUSM1137 Human Resource Development Essay, RMIT, Singapore: In this assessment task, you are required to write a short essay of no more than 1500 words to critically discuss
- ANL355 Applied Operations Research Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Steve Young, A Senior Sales Development Representative At A Local Wellness Gift Shop
- CTI304 English-Chinese Translation Of Literary Works Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Complaints Of Poverty Of Poets Are As Old As Their Art, But I Never Heard That They Wrote The Worse
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices