|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||Advanced Consolidation and Corporate Reporting|
Advanced Consolidation and Corporate Reporting Course Work, SUSS, Singapore On 1 January 20×5, P Ltd paid $330,000 to acquire 60% of the ordinary shares of S Ltd when the fair value of S Ltd
On 1 January 20×5, P Ltd paid $330,000 to acquire 60% of the ordinary shares of S Ltd when the fair value of S Ltd.’s identifiable net assets was represented by share capital of $200,000 comprising 200,000 ordinary shares and retained profit of $200,000, except for
(i) S Ltd.’s freehold land that was carried in its books as property, plant, and equipment at a cost of $200,000 but that had a market value of $250,000,
(ii) an unrecognized brand name that had a market value of $70,000, and
(iii) a contingent liability under which S Ltd had a 30% probability of paying a damage claim of $100,000 to a third party and a 70% probability of not having to pay at all.
The freehold land was sold by S Ltd to an independent party in July 20×7 for $280,000. The market value of the brand remained at $70,000 throughout all the years. The contingent liability was settled by S Ltd out-of-court in August 20×8 by paying the third party a sum of $20,000.
In December 20×8, P Ltd sold a piece of freehold land (which was carried in its books as property, plant, and equipment at a cost of $180,000) to S Ltd for $200,000. As of 31 December 20×8, the land was still being used as property, plant, and equipment by S Ltd.
In December 20×8, S Ltd sold inventory that cost $70,000 to P Ltd for a gross profit of $35,000, and this inventory was not sold to external parties by the end of 20×8.
All the companies adopt the Singapore Financial Reporting Standards and present annual financial statements with 31 December year-ends. All the relevant SFRS that were issued by the Accounting Standards Council Singapore as of January 2022 are assumed to have been effective on January 20×5.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Tags:- SUSS TMA
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: What is the value of an investment in associates shown in the consolidated statement of financial position
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: Which of the following definitions is not included within the definition of control per MFRS10
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: XX acquired 80% of the share capital of LL on 1 August 2020 and is preparing its group financial statements
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices