|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||ANL355: Applied Operations Research|
ANL355: Applied Operations Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Real Estate Investment Corporation is a firm that is principally engaged in the purchase, development, management, and sale of real estate properties
Real Estate Investment Corporation is a firm that is principally engaged in the purchase, development, management, and sale of real estate properties, particularly residential properties. It is currently evaluating whether or not to purchase the old ABC Community Hospital, located in the East ABC of Singapore in a neighbourhood undergoing rapid growth and rejuvenation. The ABC Community Hospital operated unprofitably until 2021 when it closed and filed for bankruptcy. Real Estate is considering purchasing the building, converting it to apartment units, and operating it as an apartment complex.
The hospital and its property are currently being offered for sale. Real Estate has performed an extensive evaluation of the site and neighbourhood and has projected the value of the property to be $5 million. After considering its size and location, Real Estate thinks that this is an attractive price and is considering offering to purchase the property at this price. David is in charge of the hospital project for Real Estate. David has thought that this property could be converted into “low-income” apartments. The location seems ideal for such a conversion, and with the potential subsidy from the government housing agency, the remodelling could be quite a profitable investment.
After collecting all those information, David is trying to conceptualize his problem. Suppose you were David, how you will analyse the problem.
You are expected to describe and investigate the problem in a more systematic way, and provide answers for:
- What were the key decisions?
- What were the key uncertainties?
- What was the timing of the decisions?
- What was the timing of the resolution of uncertainty?
- What data would he need in order to make an intelligent, defensible decision?
Reviewing the past history of LIH applications, David estimated the probability that the application decision would be delayed beyond 60 days to be 20%. David then estimated that the probability that the outcome of the new proposal is favourable is 70%. Given that the outcome of the new proposal was favourable, David estimated that the probability of the LIH plan being approved is 75%; if the outcome were unfavourable, the probability of approval is 30%. Finally, David estimated the probability that the property would still be available for purchase after the policy revision to be 80%.
David next went to work on the financial analysis of the development project. The estimated profit of the new development project under the LIH plan would be $850,000. This value includes the purchase cost of the property, the cost of renovations, annual maintenance costs, annual rental incomes, and applicable tax shelters.
If LIH plan approval were not granted for the project, Real Estate would lose some of the attractive subsidies and tax shelters offered by SGHDA. On the other hand, if Real Estate develops non-subsidized commercial apartments instead, the estimated profit would be $250,000.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Singaporean scholars pursuing Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS), listen up! If ANL355: Applied Operations Research Assignment is giving you sleepless nights, let our assignment help SG come to your rescue. From formative tasks to solution of summative assignments, our expert team will guide you through it all. Delve into the realm of Real Estate Investment Corporation and understand their real estate pursuits. Worried about online exams? Our Report Writing Service ensures you're well-prepared. Embrace academic excellence; pay for our expert guidance and thrive in your studies at SUSS, Singapore
- BBS63 principal of finance Assignment, TP, Singapore: Discuss the appropriate method to estimate the current value of National without the change in gaming payouts
- BE314 Financial Modeling Assignment, UOE, Singapore: Plot Each Of The Series (FIXED_RATE, STARTS And SOLD) Against Time. Comment On The Observations
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Use The Image Data In The Directory To Train A Machine-Learning Hand Sign Classifier
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Format The Text Dataset Into The Bag Of Words Using Python’s Orange Library
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Develop A Prototype With Machine Learning Model. Split The Dataset Into A Training Set And A Testing Set
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Develop A Python Orange Program To Train A Machine Learning Classifiers To Classify The Mobile Phone Price Range
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Apply The Best Algorithm In Python’s Orange Library To Group Together Images That Share Similar Features
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices