|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|ANL551: Data Analytics for Decision Makers
ANL551 Data Analytics for Decision Makers Report, SUSS, Singapore: In a theoretically ‘ideal’ labor market, applicants with the same product attributes should be equally
- Statistical Analysis
- B-1 Professional Report
- B-2 Ministerial Report
In a theoretically ‘ideal’ labor market, applicants with the same product attributes should be equally paid when hired by any organization. The existence of private-MNC and private-SME pay gap for individuals with similar productive characteristics thus has implications for efficiency and equity in the labor market. For instance, this implies that employees in the private-MNC sector receive rents at the cost of taxpayers, and the private-SME sector activities may be crowded out as it becomes hard to retain talents.
You have been appointed by the Ministry of Manpower to analyze the private-MNC and private-SME pay gap in Singapore/Malaysia. The data are drawn from the 2018/2019 survey. Using the tools learned in your current Business Statistics course provide the ministry with an analysis of the MNC-SME pay gap. You may assume the officers at the ministry have a good understanding of basic statistics. In addition, the ministry would like you to prepare a ministerial brief to illustrate the key findings of your analysis to the Minister for Manpower.
Answer each of the following questions, showing your analysis in detail (Excel), and use it in your report. Use the 5% significance level and the 95% confidence level where relevant.
1. Focusing on the variable wage for the MNC sector employees only for this question: as shown in several lectures there are two distinct methods of calculating summary or descriptive statistics using Excel. This question requires you to use both methods. First, use Excel Data Analysis Tool Pack (the descriptive statistics option) to calculate and interpret the summary statistics. Second use Excel to calculate all descriptive statistics documented in your report. These calculations should be carefully laid out in Excel and should NOT use any hard-wired Excel statistical functions e.g., Average, Median, Mode, STDEV et al. You can use the Excel sort command, the sum command, and any other non-statistical Excel commands.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
2. Repeat step 1 above for the variable wage for the SME sector employees.
3. Draw a histogram of the wage distribution for the MNC and SME sector employees respectively. Interpret the graphs carefully.
4. What are the main differences in demographic and social-economic characteristics between employees in the MNC and SME sector? Aid your answer with appropriate tables/graphs.
5. Propose a statistical method to estimate the mean hourly wage rate for all MNC sector employees and all SME sector employees, respectively. Clearly label your diagram and indicate any assumptions made and explain carefully.
6. A media report claims that the mean hourly wage rate for all MNC sector employees was $ 49. Do you agree? Perform a hypothesis test at the 5% significance level. Clearly label your diagram and indicate any assumptions made. Explain carefully any potential errors in your decision-making.
7. Since the answer to Question 5 above suggests a higher mean hourly wage rate in the MNC/SME sector, an office in the ministry hence concludes that the population mean hourly wage rates are not equal between the two sectors. Do you agree? Propose a statistical method to examine if the population mean hourly wage rates are equal for the MNC and SME sector. Clearly indicate any assumptions made.
8. Should the Minister be concerned if the population mean hourly wage rate is higher in the MNC sector? Propose at least two (2) policies for the ministry to address this issue.
Part B: Write a ministerial brief of no more than 200 words containing no more than 3 graphs on the MNC-SME pay gap and any other interesting findings that would be of policy relevance to the Minister. Draw on the relevant evidence you have gathered from your analysis, as well as other information/evidence not covered here but you believe is useful. Your brief should summarize your results from part A in a non-technical way and provide relevant conclusions.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Attention Singapore students at Benedictine University (BU)! If you're seeking assistance with your coursework in ANL551: Data Analytics for Decision Makers, we have just what you need. Our esteemed Dissertation Writing Services and reliable assignment helper are at your disposal. Delve into the fascinating topic of labor markets and pay equality.
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
- E-Business Assignment, Singapore: an analysis of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the adoption and utilisation of digital technologies
- PSY371: Performance Psychology Report, SUSS, Singapore: Interview someone you know who needs to perform (in sports, performing arts, work, school, etc.)
- law Assignment SUSS, Singapore: In early 2020, Corona Lim (a Singaporean doctor with a background in mechanical engineering)
- GER510 Applied Research In Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Decades Of Research Have Shown That Being Surrounded By Trees Is Good For Us
- ACC213 Introduction To Income Tax Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Describe, Explain And Outline The Features Of Singapore’s Individual Income Tax System That Would Encourage
- Sustainable Tourism Assignment, MU, Singapore: Sustainable Tourism (ST) Has Gained Global Recognition By The Tourism Industry And Government Organizations
- Social Media Digital Marketing Report, SUSS, Singapore: Imagine That You Are The Social Media Manager Of A Small To Medium Organisation (Up To 250 Employees)
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Company Uses Normal Costing And Manufacturing Overhead Is Applied At The Rate Of 230% Of Direct Labor Cost
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Business Times Reported On 17 March 2022 That “Recovery In Visitor Arrivals To Singapore
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices