|Republic Polytechnic (RP)
|AY2023 Drug Action Assignment
AY2023 Drug Action Assignment, PC, Singapore: Drugs A and B bind to the same type of receptors. These two drugs were studied using organ bath experiments
Section A (30 marks)
Attempt the 3 quizzes in POLITEMall by 8th January 2024.
You will be given 15 minutes for each attempt and only 2 attempts for each
quiz. The higher score will be taken for grade calculation.
Section B (24 marks)
Attempt all the case-based questions below and submit this document with
your answers in the SA 2.0 submission folder by 8th January 2024.
1. Drugs A and B bind to the same type of receptors. These two drugs were
studied using organ bath experiments, and their graded dose-response curves were plotted as shown in Figure 1
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
(a) From the list of drugs given in Table 1, identify ONE drug that could be Drug
A and another ONE drug that could be Drug B. Justify your answers. (6 marks)
(b) With reference to the Drug B that you have chosen from Table 1, state ONE
therapeutic use and ONE side effect of Drug B. Explain your answers. (4 marks)
(c) Drug A binds to Receptors X and Y. With reference to Figure 2, which
Receptors (X or Y) is Drug A more selective for? Explain your answer. (2 marks)
2. Figure 3 shows the plasma drug concentration versus time curves of 200mg Drug K was administered via oral route to two healthy adult volunteers, Jenny and Sally, who are of the same age, body weight, and body type.
a) Compare pharmacokinetics characteristics of Drug K when administered to Jenny and Sally, your answer should include but not be limited to the following:
i. The area under the curve (AUC)
ii. elimination kinetics order Explain your answers.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
b) Provide THREE possible reasons to explain ONE of the Drug K pharmacokinetics differences recognized for Jenny and Sally in part (a).
c) Drug K is metabolized by CYP2D6 to inactive metabolites in the liver. Identify ONE drug in Table 2 that should be avoided when patient is taking Drug K, and explain the clinical consequences if both drugs are taken concurrently.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Seeking Singapore assignment help for your University Republic Polytechnic (RP) coursework, specifically the AY2023 Drug Action Assignment? Look no further! Our experts specialize in providing top-notch assistance for individual assignments, including in-depth analysis and comprehensive support. Whether it's understanding drug action through organ bath experiments or seeking reviews for the Best Online Exam Help Singapore, our services cater to students' needs. Pay our expert team for guidance and ace your course effortlessly.
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a complete Isometric Projection Drawing using as much space on a blank A4 Isometric
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A portable cooking stove – PCS, that may be packed in its own case and has the ability to be in either gas-fuel
- NCO111 Work And Learning In A Changing World Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Conduct A Critical Evaluation Of Your Learning Goals That Engage With The Arguments Expressed
- COMP4104 Cyber Security Assignment, LSBF, Singapore: “TradeX Finance Inc.” Is A Newly Incorporated Finance Organization, With Incorporations Obtained
- ECE316 Practitioner Enquiry And Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Formulate TWO (2) Related Research Questions Based On The Given Topic, Which Could Be Narrowed Further
- BUSM1137 Human Resource Development Essay, RMIT, Singapore: In this assessment task, you are required to write a short essay of no more than 1500 words to critically discuss
- ANL355 Applied Operations Research Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Steve Young, A Senior Sales Development Representative At A Local Wellness Gift Shop
- CTI304 English-Chinese Translation Of Literary Works Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Complaints Of Poverty Of Poets Are As Old As Their Art, But I Never Heard That They Wrote The Worse
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
- E-Business Assignment, Singapore: an analysis of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the adoption and utilisation of digital technologies
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices