|University||Murdoch university (MU)|
|Subject||BAR300: Advanced Research in the Arts|
BAR300: Advanced Research in the Arts Assignment, MU, Singapore In my pitch, I stated that I was intending to focus on body image in women throughout Australia; however, several of the comments
In my pitch, I stated that I was intending to focus on body image in women throughout Australia; however, several of the comments said I needed to narrow my topic. After looking more closely at the grant I am applying for, which is limited to $3000, I have decided to take this advice on board. In order to narrow the focus, I carried out additional research to see which groups were more likely to be affected by body image issues. Initially, I felt that this would be young women.
According to Eating Disorders Victoria, for this group eating disorders are the third most common illness and the average age women begin to display signs of anorexia is 17. However, what surprised me in my research was how common eating disorders were in older women as well. In 2014, Marshall, Lengyel and Menes conducted a study on body image and older women.
Their research shows that many women battle against body image issues for most of their lives and, as they age, there is a desire to “fight” against nature. According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, at the time of the last census in 2011, the largest age group was between 40 and 44. Therefore, I have narrowed my research topic to body image in Australian women aged between 40 and 44.
This explains the feedback provided and how it has been used. You may also have been given feedback that you chose not to use. For example:
One comment I received recommended I also look at body image in men. It is certainly true that body image issues impact on men, a study by the Victorian Government in 2009 showed that “body image dissatisfaction for Western men is estimated to have tripled in the last 25 years from 15 to 45 per cent”, however the grant that I am applying for is specifically targeted at research designed to improve the lives of Australian women.
If you feel that the feedback you have received is not sufficient for the Feedback Analysis, we suggest that you look at what other students included in their presentations; for example:
A peer’s presentation included a discussion of the ethical considerations involved in their research study. I realized that this was something I had not engaged with, but will be very important in the grant application. In some individuals, body image issues can be a clinical disorder known as Body Dysmorphic Disorder and can be classified as a mental illness. According to the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research, people with mental illnesses are considered a vulnerable population and there are specific guidelines which must be followed before ethics approval will be given. In order to meet these requirements I would.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Excel in your academic journey at Murdoch University (MU) with our comprehensive services! Tackle assignments like the BAR300: Advanced Research in the Arts Assignment with ease. From FYP (Final Year Project) to expertly crafted final year exam assignments, we offer top-notch Singapore assignment help tailored to your needs. Our experts are ready to guide you through your coursework, including Case Study Writing Help. When success matters, trust us. Pay for expert assistance and thrive in your studies at MU, Singapore. Join us today and pave your way to academic triumph
- SOE09702 International Business Course Work, ENU, Singapore: Analysis of political, economic, cultural, legal and ethical risks in the country elected
- AY2023 Drug Action Assignment, PC, Singapore: Drugs A and B bind to the same type of receptors. These two drugs were studied using organ bath experiments
- MN2706K Human Recourse Management Essay, SUSS, Singapore: The objective of this exercise is to teach you how to critically read, and understand
- BUS211: International Logistics Final Examination, MU, Singapore
- Ellie’s Emotions Case Study, SIM, Singapore: Ellie is a 17-year-old girl in secondary school. Her mother, Mrs Ong owns a beauty spa business
- Ports And Terminals Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Perform a study on the effect/impact of oil price on the demand for Offshore Support Vessels (PSV/AHTSV)
- Statistics and Statistical Data Mining Course Work, UOL, Singapore: You will implement several data pre-processing and engineering steps that are common in data science
- Data visualization Course Work, NUS, Singapore: Read the full specification of the module coursework and ensure you understand the time- line
- DSM010 Big data analysis Course Work, UOL, Singapore: Implement the K-Means clustering algorithm with Euclidean and Manhattan Distance Measures
- DSM010 Big data analysis Course Work, UOL, Singapore: Find the descriptive statistics for temperature of each day of a given month for the year 2007
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices