|National University of Singapore (NUS)
|BB5MOP Pathology microbiology immunology
BB5MOP Pathology microbiology immunology, NUS, Singapore: This practical differs from others you have taken in that we are requiring that you, in addition to undertaking
This practical differs from others you have taken in that we are requiring that you, in addition to undertaking an experiment, be actively involved in its design. The ability to design experiments that appropriately test a research or clinical hypothesis is an important skill for a scientist to develop, and will demonstrate to us that you understand the basic immunological concepts underlying your practical work.
You are provided with some basic background information on a clinical case and a suspected diagnosis. You are also provided a list of reagents that will be available to you in the laboratory.
Before the practical
You must research the basic immunology underlying the practical and think about how you could use the reagents provided to test a hypothesis based on the clinical case. You should make notes that you can bring to the practical session in order to discuss what you have learned with your lab partner.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
During the practical – Day One
You have 3 hours in which to discuss the case and the underlying science within your laboratory partner, and to identify the hypothesis that you will test. You will design an experiment that appropriately tests this hypothesis using the reagents available to you, and produce an experimental plan using the worksheet provided. At this stage, you will submit your worksheet to an assessor, who will mark you as a pairing on your experimental design and rationale (assessment part 1). You will then be permitted to set up and run your experiment.
Practical – Day Two
You will take a picture of your experimental results after overnight incubation. Using this, you will consider and evaluate the results of your experiment and complete a results worksheet for submission on BlackBoard, which will be marked on your interpretation of the findings (assessment part 2).
You will be given a mark for the experimental design (50% of the marks) and the interpretation (50% of the marks) components of the assessment, and a final score will be provided via BlackBoard after the practical. Your worksheets will be marked according to the marking guidance at the end of this handout and uploaded onto BlackBoard so that you can identify areas of strength or for improvement.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Are you a Singaporean student struggling with BB5MOP Pathology, Microbiology, and Immunology at NUS? Get top-notch support with Homework Help In Singapore, offering the best online assignment help. Pay our experts for personalized guidance, making your coursework a breeze. Boost your confidence and excel in BB5MOP with our specialized assistance.
- In the month of December, Fruits Pte Ltd made credit sales of $15,000 and a cash sale of $5,000: Accounting Home Work, NUS, Singapore
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a complete Isometric Projection Drawing using as much space on a blank A4 Isometric
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A portable cooking stove – PCS, that may be packed in its own case and has the ability to be in either gas-fuel
- NCO111 Work And Learning In A Changing World Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Conduct A Critical Evaluation Of Your Learning Goals That Engage With The Arguments Expressed
- COMP4104 Cyber Security Assignment, LSBF, Singapore: “TradeX Finance Inc.” Is A Newly Incorporated Finance Organization, With Incorporations Obtained
- ECE316 Practitioner Enquiry And Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Formulate TWO (2) Related Research Questions Based On The Given Topic, Which Could Be Narrowed Further
- BUSM1137 Human Resource Development Essay, RMIT, Singapore: In this assessment task, you are required to write a short essay of no more than 1500 words to critically discuss
- ANL355 Applied Operations Research Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Steve Young, A Senior Sales Development Representative At A Local Wellness Gift Shop
- CTI304 English-Chinese Translation Of Literary Works Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Complaints Of Poverty Of Poets Are As Old As Their Art, But I Never Heard That They Wrote The Worse
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices