|Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
|BCD1004: Fundamental Principles of Commercial Law
BCD1004 Fundamental Principles of Commercial Law Assignment, SIT, Singapore: Tammy (T) needs a new refrigerator and visits a well-known reputable retail store named Fridges Empire (FE) situated
Tammy (T) needs a new refrigerator and visits a well-known reputable retail store named Fridges Empire (FE) situated at Northpoint City, Yishun. She speaks to Harvey (H), the manager of the refrigerator department, and asks him to show her the range of refrigerators available in the store. T had encountered a bad experience with her previous refrigerator and has a perpetual fear that the freezer unit temperature could fluctuate and “thaw out”, causing damage and contamination to her frozen food.
She informs H about this fact and was told that this issue should not pose a problem with their current range of products. After walking through the store, T spots one refrigerator in particular that she was interested in. H tells her: “This is an excellent brand with an international reputation. It is the manufacturer’s latest model. Don’t worry about temperature fluctuations, it will never happen to this model as it has a patented temperature-locking system. It will serve you for a lifetime”. T was particularly impressed by the presence of the patented temperature locking system and bought the refrigerator immediately because of this assurance.
After the refrigerator is delivered to her home and installed, T places a number of items in it and the next morning, when she opens the refrigerator to get the milk for her morning coffee, she notices everything inside the refrigerator had frozen over. When she opens the freezer unit, she was shocked to find that everything had thawed out and noticed a strong “rotting” stench present. T is disappointed and upset. She finally discovered the sale documents and invoice, which she had signed when the refrigerator was delivered. There is a clause stating:
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
“The manufacturer and retailer accept no responsibility whatsoever for any loss, damage, or defects howsoever caused from and by the use of this product. Furthermore, after delivery of the said product has been done there is no warranty, guarantee, or assurance provided in respect of the product sold.”
Advise T whether she will be able to successfully sue either the manufacturer or the retailer for selling a defective and unsatisfactory refrigerator to her despite the presence of the above clause which she (T) had inadvertently signed.
“One of the disadvantages and pitfalls of mediation as an alternative method of dispute resolution is its ineffectiveness in enforcing any mediated settlement. Any party who has agreed to a mediated settlement could just simply “walk away” and there is nothing the other party can do about it! However, things are about to change with the passing of the Singapore Convention on Mediation Act 2020”.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Looking for reliable assistance with your BCD1004 assignment at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)? Look no further! My Assignment Help SG offers expert online assignment help tailored to your needs. Our experienced team of writers will ensure your commercial law assignment is handled with utmost precision and delivered on time.
Tags:- BCD1004 SIT
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
- E-Business Assignment, Singapore: an analysis of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the adoption and utilisation of digital technologies
- PSY371: Performance Psychology Report, SUSS, Singapore: Interview someone you know who needs to perform (in sports, performing arts, work, school, etc.)
- law Assignment SUSS, Singapore: In early 2020, Corona Lim (a Singaporean doctor with a background in mechanical engineering)
- GER510 Applied Research In Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Decades Of Research Have Shown That Being Surrounded By Trees Is Good For Us
- ACC213 Introduction To Income Tax Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Describe, Explain And Outline The Features Of Singapore’s Individual Income Tax System That Would Encourage
- Sustainable Tourism Assignment, MU, Singapore: Sustainable Tourism (ST) Has Gained Global Recognition By The Tourism Industry And Government Organizations
- Social Media Digital Marketing Report, SUSS, Singapore: Imagine That You Are The Social Media Manager Of A Small To Medium Organisation (Up To 250 Employees)
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Company Uses Normal Costing And Manufacturing Overhead Is Applied At The Rate Of 230% Of Direct Labor Cost
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Business Times Reported On 17 March 2022 That “Recovery In Visitor Arrivals To Singapore
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices