|University||Nanyang Technological University (NTU)|
|Subject||BF2209: Derivative Securities|
BF2209: Derivative Securities Assignment, NTU, Singapore In Week 0, you sell 10,000 European put options on the stock with a strike price of $55 and time to expiration
1. In Week 0, you sell 10,000 European put options on the stock with a strike price of $55 and time to expiration of 20 weeks for $33,000. The price of the underlying stock is $54 in week 0.
(a) Suppose that r = 2%, σ = 20%, δ = 1%, and µ = 8%. They will be constant over the next 20 weeks. Assume that continuously compounded return of the stock for one week is normally distributed with a mean of (µ − δ −σ22) ×152 and standard deviation of σ q 1 52. Generate a path of weekly stock prices for the next 20 weeks.
(b) Compute the BSM price of the put option. How much can you make an arbitrage profit?
(c) Compute Delta of the put option in each week.
(d) You want to delta hedge your portfolio. How many shares of the stock do you need to purchase each week? How much does it cost?
(e) In week 0, you purchase a zero-coupon bond with a face value of $10,000 and a time to maturity of 20 weeks to realize the arbitrage profit in (b) upfront. That is, the initial cost of the delta hedging portfolio should be the negative of the arbitrage profit in (b). How many units of ZCB should be purchased in week 0?
(f) In the following weeks, the purchase of shares is funded by the proceeds from selling the ZCB. If shares are sold, the proceeds will be used to buy more units of the ZCB. That is, the self-financing delta-hedging portfolio is constructed. Compute the total number of units of the ZCB in the portfolio each week.
(g) Compute the value of ZCB holdings, stock holdings, and written put options. For the value of written put options, use the BSM formula. Finally, compute the net portfolio value and the weekly change in the portfolio value. What is the theoretical portfolio value in week 20? Why is the actual portfolio value in week 20 different from the theoretical value?.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Seeking online assignment help for your BF2209: Derivative Securities assignment? Look no further! Our expert team at My Assignment Help SG is here to assist you. With in-depth knowledge and experience, we provide top-notch solutions tailored to your needs. Don't stress over your NTU coursework – let us handle it for you. Explore our reliable "Do My Assignment" service now and ensure academic success!
- BBS63 principal of finance Assignment, TP, Singapore: Discuss the appropriate method to estimate the current value of National without the change in gaming payouts
- BE314 Financial Modeling Assignment, UOE, Singapore: Plot Each Of The Series (FIXED_RATE, STARTS And SOLD) Against Time. Comment On The Observations
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Use The Image Data In The Directory To Train A Machine-Learning Hand Sign Classifier
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Format The Text Dataset Into The Bag Of Words Using Python’s Orange Library
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Develop A Prototype With Machine Learning Model. Split The Dataset Into A Training Set And A Testing Set
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Develop A Python Orange Program To Train A Machine Learning Classifiers To Classify The Mobile Phone Price Range
- Fundamentals Of AI Assignment, NUS, Singapore: Apply The Best Algorithm In Python’s Orange Library To Group Together Images That Share Similar Features
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices