|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|BLO1001: Business Statistics
BLO1001 Business Statistics Report, SUSS, Singapore: Body mass index (BMI) is a person’s weight in kilograms divided by the square of height in meters
Body mass index (BMI) is a person’s weight in kilograms divided by the square of height in meters. BMI is an inexpensive and easy screening method for categorizing weight measurement, be it underweight, healthy weight, overweight, or obesity.
Using the random sampling method, describe how you would select 10 students from EACH diploma course to form a new sample dataset of 60 students. Based on this sample dataset, determine the mean BMI and construct a 95% confidence interval for the population mean. Comment on this 95% confidence interval as compared with the healthy adult’s BMI (18.5 to 24.9) (published by MOH). Explain what the impact is if you increase the confidence level from 95% to 99%.
Dr Jim Tan, a health consultant at MOH, published a research article about obesity issues recently. He believed that the BMI for Singaporean adults is normally distributed with a population mean of 21.
Based on your sample dataset (consists of 60 students) used in Question 1, can you conclude that the sample mean BMI is different as compared to the population mean at 0.05 level of significance? Use p-value approach to perform your hypothesis testing. What can you conclude if the level of significance is changed from 0.05 to 0.01?
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Reference to Question 2, Dr Jim Tan in his research article on the obesity issues commented that the consumption of soft drinks/bubble tea is correlated to the BMI. He also linked the consumption level to the lifestyle (including type of diploma courses for full-time students, work/family related stress, weekly physical exercises, etc.) of a person.
Based on the complete RDC Excel file (consists of 975 students), can you conclude that there is a difference among the students of the six diploma courses in terms of the consumption level of soft drinks/bubble tea? Use p-value approach to perform your Chi-square goodness-of-fit test at 0.05 level of significance. Do you agree with Dr Jim Tan concerning the students in different diploma courses evidenced in different consumption level of soft drinks/bubble tea?
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
 Ministry of Health, Health Hub’s Website
Reflect your learning journey of Business Statistics since April 2021, particularly on the last two topics, i.e. hypothesis testing and Chi-square goodness-of-fit test. Your reflection should include (but not limited to) the following:
1.What are the key takeaways that you find them useful and why?
2. How can you learn better if you can restart your learning journey?
3. Provide an example of business related scenario where hypothesis testing (or Chi-square goodness-of-fit test) can be used to gain insight and for better decision-making. Explain how the required raw data can be collected and analysed.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Looking for academic assistance? Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) students can now benefit from our comprehensive range of services. Whether you need help with your FYP, solutions for summative assignments, or require a professional touch for Report Writing, our experts are here to support you. Take the stress out of your studies and entrust our qualified professionals who have extensive experience in providing top-notch assignment writing service in Singapore.
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a complete Isometric Projection Drawing using as much space on a blank A4 Isometric
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A portable cooking stove – PCS, that may be packed in its own case and has the ability to be in either gas-fuel
- NCO111 Work And Learning In A Changing World Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Conduct A Critical Evaluation Of Your Learning Goals That Engage With The Arguments Expressed
- COMP4104 Cyber Security Assignment, LSBF, Singapore: “TradeX Finance Inc.” Is A Newly Incorporated Finance Organization, With Incorporations Obtained
- ECE316 Practitioner Enquiry And Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Formulate TWO (2) Related Research Questions Based On The Given Topic, Which Could Be Narrowed Further
- BUSM1137 Human Resource Development Essay, RMIT, Singapore: In this assessment task, you are required to write a short essay of no more than 1500 words to critically discuss
- ANL355 Applied Operations Research Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Steve Young, A Senior Sales Development Representative At A Local Wellness Gift Shop
- CTI304 English-Chinese Translation Of Literary Works Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Complaints Of Poverty Of Poets Are As Old As Their Art, But I Never Heard That They Wrote The Worse
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
- E-Business Assignment, Singapore: an analysis of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the adoption and utilisation of digital technologies
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices