|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||BPM115: Materials Technology|
BPM115: Materials Technology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Reinforced concrete is a popular building material used in Singapore’s built environment
Reinforced concrete is a popular building material used in Singapore’s built environment. It is commonly used in all local developments, buildings,s, and infrastructure, for the construction of their structural elements.
You have been tasked to carry out a research study in addition to the materials in the textbooks and prepare a write up with the following questions as a guide for the report:
(a) Indicate the strength and weakness of concrete and steel and discuss the reasons why reinforced concrete forms a good composite material for building construction.
(b) Define the important considerations in a quality management system that are normally put in place, to ensure good quality reinforced concrete is used in the construction.
(c) In an Addition & Alteration (A&A) project of a residential property that your
company has recently been awarded, the owner of the property discovered an
abnormality (see Figure Q1) at the soffit of the roof slab of his car park shed.
(i) Assess the quality of the concrete slab and identify the defect shown in Figure Q1.
(ii) Determine the likely causes of this defect and suggest appropriate
interventions to prevent such an occurrence.
(d) As the design engineer of this A&A project, you proposed to the owner to use structural steel as an alternative material to achieve a shorter construction duration and to improve environmental sustainability. Discuss the proposal and indicate the advantages and disadvantages of using structural steel.
(e) List and explain the differences between prescriptive and standard specifications for steelworks.
(f) Which method of the specification is more suitable for steelworks? Explain your choice.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Unlock your potential in Materials Technology at Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS) with our comprehensive solutions for summative assignments, TOA, and Report Writing Service. Our expert team is dedicated to helping Singaporean students excel in their academic journey. Dive into the world of reinforced concrete, a popular building material in Singapore's dynamic built environment, and gain valuable insights with our top-notch assignment writing service. Don't let academic challenges hold you back – invest in your success with our professional assistance at SUSS, Singapore.
- BSS020C126S Introduction to Human Disease Coursework, URL, Singapore: Summaries the trends in incidence and/or mortality over the past 10 years for ONE specific
- Operations Management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Identifying three operations management issues (at least one must be global in nature)
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: the assumption that August is an associate of Caddy, what would be the Ca carrying amount of the investment
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: What is the value of an investment in associates shown in the consolidated statement of financial position
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: Which of the following definitions is not included within the definition of control per MFRS10
- ACC6063 Advanced accounting 2 Assignment, SMU, Singapore: XX acquired 80% of the share capital of LL on 1 August 2020 and is preparing its group financial statements
- Enterprise Server Management Assignment, TU, Singapore: Investigate both the advantages and disadvantages of moving to cloud computing
- Principles of logistics management Assignment, SIM, Singapore: Explain how the company competes in its industry. You can look at the competition, the players in the industry
- MKTG3040 Services Marketing Assignment, UON, Singapore: The purpose of Assessment Item Four: Reflective Essay is to assess your ability to critically discuss
- Business Research Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Select a topic of interest or business problem relevant to your degree specialism, e.g. strategy
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices