|National University of Singapore (NUS)
BSE3703 Econometrics for Business I Research Paper, NUS, Singapore Consider the standard OLG model of money Individuals are endowed with y units of the endowment good when young and nothing when old
1. Consider the standard OLG model of money. Individuals are endowed with y units of the endowment good when young and nothing when old.
Assume that people face a lump�sum tax of τ goods when old and a rate of expansion of the fiat money supply of z > 1. The tax and the expansion of the fiat money stock are used to finance government purchases of g goods per young person in every period. There are N people in every generation.
a. Find the individual’s budget constraints when young and when old. Combine them to form the individual’s lifetime budget constraint and graph this constraint.
b. Find the government’s budget constraint.
c. Graph together the feasible set and the stationary monetary equilibrium.
d. Find the stationary monetary equilibrium when z = 1 and add it to the graph in part c.
e. Use a ruler on your graph to compare the real balances of fiat money when z > 1 to the values when z = 1.
Now assume that the utility function of people in the economy described in this economy is log(c1,t) + log(c2,t+1).
f. Find the real demand for money (vtmt) as a function of z and τ .
g. Find the government budget constraint in stationary equilibrium. Solve it for τ as a function of z . (The expression will also involve y and g.)
h. Substitute your expression for τ from the government budget constraint (part g) into the demand for money (part f).
Use this to represent seigniorage as a function of z alone. Graph seigniorage as a function of z. For the graph, use the following parameter values: N = 1000, y = 100, and g = 10
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
- E-Business Assignment, Singapore: an analysis of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the adoption and utilisation of digital technologies
- PSY371: Performance Psychology Report, SUSS, Singapore: Interview someone you know who needs to perform (in sports, performing arts, work, school, etc.)
- law Assignment SUSS, Singapore: In early 2020, Corona Lim (a Singaporean doctor with a background in mechanical engineering)
- GER510 Applied Research In Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Decades Of Research Have Shown That Being Surrounded By Trees Is Good For Us
- ACC213 Introduction To Income Tax Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Describe, Explain And Outline The Features Of Singapore’s Individual Income Tax System That Would Encourage
- Sustainable Tourism Assignment, MU, Singapore: Sustainable Tourism (ST) Has Gained Global Recognition By The Tourism Industry And Government Organizations
- Social Media Digital Marketing Report, SUSS, Singapore: Imagine That You Are The Social Media Manager Of A Small To Medium Organisation (Up To 250 Employees)
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Company Uses Normal Costing And Manufacturing Overhead Is Applied At The Rate Of 230% Of Direct Labor Cost
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Business Times Reported On 17 March 2022 That “Recovery In Visitor Arrivals To Singapore
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices