|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|BUS100 Business Skills and Management
BUS100: Business Skills and Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore Mindy operates a company called “Fruity Juice” via e-commerce website It sells apple juice, orange juice and guava juice in boxes
Mindy operates a company called “Fruity Juice” via e-commerce website. It sells apple juice, orange juice and guava juice in boxes. She rents a warehouse to store these items and engages a third-party logistics vendors to ship these items to the customer. The cost of goods sold (COGS), selling price and daily demand for each item is given in the table below:
The warehouse rental is $8000 per month. Mindy has hired 3 staff to help her with the operation and each staff cost $3000 per month and she gets a salary of $5000. To promote the product online, Mindy also spends $2000 monthly on digital marketing to increase her brand awareness. She also needs to pay third-party logistics vendors $0.50 per 10 boxes to ship the items to the customers.
Assuming that there are 30 days in a month.
a. Construct a spreadsheet model to analyze the company’s monthly finance, the spreadsheet model should include total revenue ($), total expenses ($), profit/loss ($) and profit margin (%). Sketch the influence diagram of your model.
b. If the company wants to increase the profit margin to 10% by changing the selling price of Apple Juice, discuss what will be the new selling price of apple juice, explain how you derive the answer? Show your answer in nearest 10 cents.
c. For every $1 increase in price, the demand will drop by 20 boxes. It applies to all the juices. What is the relationship between the selling price and the demand for all juice? Calculate the demand for apple, orange and guava juice if the selling price is $16 per unit?
d. What will be the new selling price for all juices, if the company wants to earn 20% profit margin, your model should include the price elasticity of demand. Total demand for each month has to be at least 15,000. Describe how you derive at the solution (write down the steps in detail) and clearly show the new profit margin and selling price.
You are planning your finance for the next twenty year. Assume that you will earn a constant interest rate on your money. At the beginning of the first year, you have $15,000 in your bank account. Your salary is $45000 in the first year and it is expected to grow at 3% per annum.
Your expenses is $25000 and it is expected to grow at 5% each year. You will deposit the remaining amount to a fixed deposit account at the end of each year and it will earn an interest of 7% per year.
a. Develop a spreadsheet model that will show you how much you will have accumulated at the end of 20 years. Use your worksheet to compute the amount of money and interest earned at the end of 20 years for the inputs given here and tabulate your results.
What is the average deposit and bank balance? You should have a separate column for income, expenses, annual deposit and interest earn for each year. You should also show the finance using appropriate graph. (16 marks)
b. Identify what will be the interest rate the bank should pay, so that you have exactly $1,000,000 in 20 years? How much is the total interest earned? Explain how you derive
c. You reckon that you may need to withdraw $25,000 from the bank at the start of the tenth year for your kid’s education for four years (year 10th – 13th) and the tuition fees is expected to increase by 10% each years. For an interest rate of 7% per year as given in part a), analyse what would be your bank balance at the end of 20 years and total withdrawal amount. You may add a new column for Withdrawal to take care of the withdrawal amount.
d. State two ways how you can grow your bank balance at the end of 20 years.
Based on your experiences of running a virtual company in MonsoonSIM or working in a company,
(a) Explain two ways how you can increase the cash flow for your company by analyzing some key performance indicators such as sale volume, COGS and production.
(b) You may refer to the virtual company in MonsoonSIM or any company that you have worked for as reference, describe three ways how the company can increase the market shares and gives a detailed explanation of your recommendations.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Singapore students at Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS), listen up! Struggling with your BUS100: Business Skills and Management assignment? Look no further! Our assignment writing service Singapore is here to provide the solution you need. Pay our experts to receive comprehensive assistance with both formative and summative assignments. We specialize in case study writing help and can guide you through the intricacies of managing Mindy's company, "Fruity Juice." Don't let the complexities of e-commerce and product offerings overwhelm you. Trust our reliable service to help you excel in your coursework.
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
- E-Business Assignment, Singapore: an analysis of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the adoption and utilisation of digital technologies
- PSY371: Performance Psychology Report, SUSS, Singapore: Interview someone you know who needs to perform (in sports, performing arts, work, school, etc.)
- law Assignment SUSS, Singapore: In early 2020, Corona Lim (a Singaporean doctor with a background in mechanical engineering)
- GER510 Applied Research In Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Decades Of Research Have Shown That Being Surrounded By Trees Is Good For Us
- ACC213 Introduction To Income Tax Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Describe, Explain And Outline The Features Of Singapore’s Individual Income Tax System That Would Encourage
- Sustainable Tourism Assignment, MU, Singapore: Sustainable Tourism (ST) Has Gained Global Recognition By The Tourism Industry And Government Organizations
- Social Media Digital Marketing Report, SUSS, Singapore: Imagine That You Are The Social Media Manager Of A Small To Medium Organisation (Up To 250 Employees)
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Company Uses Normal Costing And Manufacturing Overhead Is Applied At The Rate Of 230% Of Direct Labor Cost
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Business Times Reported On 17 March 2022 That “Recovery In Visitor Arrivals To Singapore
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices