|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|BUS107: Quantitative Methods
BUS107: Quantitative Methods Assignment, SUSS, Singapore ErgoPillow is an online shop selling two different models of ergonomic pillow which helps to relieve sore necks
- ErgoPillow is an online shop selling two different models of ergonomic pillow which helps to relieve sore necks. It sells the deluxe and premium versions for $50 and $80 each. The deluxe pillow is imported from a supplier in India while the premium pillow is imported from a supplier in Thailand. The finance team has informed us that both pillow models give the same profit of $10 per pillow.
The pillows are sent via ocean freight in containers and each container can carry up to 1,000 pillows. The sales team has forecasted that the aggregated sales is 50 containers of pillows in a year and must make advance arrangements to order from the suppliers and book the shipment due to two considerations: long shipment time and potential loss due to piracy. Order is by container units and orders can be placed throughout the year.
The shipment time is 16 days and 7 days from India and Thailand, respectively. ErgoPillow has requested for the average shipping time for its orders to be capped at 10 days maximum. The shipping cost per pillow from India and Thailand is 20% and 10% of the pillow selling price, respectively. Also, 8% of orders from Thailand are lost due to piracy while India suffers a loss of 4% of its orders annually. The management is willing to accept nothing more than 8 orders gone missing due to piracy. To ensure stable supply, at least 30% of its orders must be placed with each supplier.
ErgoPillow management is very particular about the shipping cost and would like you to recommend how the orders should be placed between the two suppliers. State qualitatively the objective, decision variables, and constraints. Then formulate the problem as an LP model. After that, solve it using the graphical solution procedure. Please limit the answer to two pages.
- The supplier in India would like to boost their sales with ErgoPillow and they proposed to reduce their shipment time with no additional cost. Apply the appropriate LP concept and show whether this proposal might work or not.
- Your company is a business consulting company that advises companies on optimizing their operations using LP. You are invited to your child’s primary school class where parents are invited to share about what they do for a living.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Attention Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS) students taking BUS107: Quantitative Methods! Are you feeling overwhelmed with TOA, individual assignments, and essay writing? Look no further! Our expert team is here to provide top-notch assistance tailored to your needs. Our professional essay writing service is designed to help you excel in your studies. You can even pay for assignments online and rely on our experts to guide you through the course. If you're tasked with analyzing and comparing financial reports of two publicly quoted companies, we've got you covered. Let us help you express your findings effectively. Don't let academic pressure get to you – trust our experts and succeed at SUSS!
- In the month of December, Fruits Pte Ltd made credit sales of $15,000 and a cash sale of $5,000: Accounting Home Work, NUS, Singapore
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a complete Isometric Projection Drawing using as much space on a blank A4 Isometric
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A portable cooking stove – PCS, that may be packed in its own case and has the ability to be in either gas-fuel
- NCO111 Work And Learning In A Changing World Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Conduct A Critical Evaluation Of Your Learning Goals That Engage With The Arguments Expressed
- COMP4104 Cyber Security Assignment, LSBF, Singapore: “TradeX Finance Inc.” Is A Newly Incorporated Finance Organization, With Incorporations Obtained
- ECE316 Practitioner Enquiry And Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Formulate TWO (2) Related Research Questions Based On The Given Topic, Which Could Be Narrowed Further
- BUSM1137 Human Resource Development Essay, RMIT, Singapore: In this assessment task, you are required to write a short essay of no more than 1500 words to critically discuss
- ANL355 Applied Operations Research Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Steve Young, A Senior Sales Development Representative At A Local Wellness Gift Shop
- CTI304 English-Chinese Translation Of Literary Works Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Complaints Of Poverty Of Poets Are As Old As Their Art, But I Never Heard That They Wrote The Worse
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices