|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|BUS353: Project Management
BUS353: Project Management Assignment, Singapore SUSS, Singapore Absolute Quest Viet Pte Ltd (AQ) has had to close down its new entertainment attraction after only six months
Absolute Quest Viet Pte Ltd. (AQ) has had to close down its new entertainment attraction after only six months due to its inability to attract its forecast number of visitors. The company is keen to understand more about why this particular attraction failed in order to learn from its mistakes and improve on future projects. The chairman of AQ has cited a number of problems that were experienced throughout the lifecycle of the new Entertainment Attraction Project. An extract from his report is given below:
- There was a lack of a detailed plan as to the exact content required by the attraction.
- The contract was given to a contractor recommended by the Finance Director and consequently, no research was undertaken on its suitability.
- Throughout the project there had been an unsuitable management structure and a lack of understanding of the elements of work required to complete the project.
- The targets for the visitor numbers were highly ambitious.
- There had been a major failure to establish sufficiently robust financial management. The cost of the building and its content was 10% over the original budget. AQ believes that this is due to a combination of poor cost estimates originally and poor financial control throughout the project.
- Throughout the project there appeared to be an enormous amount of conflict between the various project stakeholders which made it difficult to manage the timeframe. The project manager spent so much time managing this conflict that project meetings were regularly canceled.
No one in AQ appears to be committed to undertaking post-completion reviews.
The chairman understands that there are a number of project management frameworks that would help in identifying the different issues of project management that need to be considered to effectively manage a project and deliver the desired outcomes.
You are required to write a minimum of 1200 words and answer parts (a) & (b).
(a) Describe, with reference to the stages in the project lifecycle, the steps that could have been taken to avoid the problems being experienced in the new Entertainment Attraction Project, as highlighted in the scenario.
(b) Identify and explain the practices associated with continuous project improvement that could be used to help AQ learn from the mistakes of the Entertainment Attraction Project.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Our best assignment help Singapore is designed to assist Singaporean students with their formative and summative assignments. If you're facing challenges with your project management tasks, including the case of Absolute Quest Viet Pte Ltd (AQ) closing down its new entertainment attraction after only six months, pay our experts for reliable assistance. We provide top-quality Essay Writing Services to help you excel in your course. Trust us to deliver well-researched content, thorough analysis, and impeccable writing. Take the first step towards academic success and let us guide you through your BUS353 assignment at SUSS!
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
- E-Business Assignment, Singapore: an analysis of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the adoption and utilisation of digital technologies
- PSY371: Performance Psychology Report, SUSS, Singapore: Interview someone you know who needs to perform (in sports, performing arts, work, school, etc.)
- law Assignment SUSS, Singapore: In early 2020, Corona Lim (a Singaporean doctor with a background in mechanical engineering)
- GER510 Applied Research In Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Decades Of Research Have Shown That Being Surrounded By Trees Is Good For Us
- ACC213 Introduction To Income Tax Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Describe, Explain And Outline The Features Of Singapore’s Individual Income Tax System That Would Encourage
- Sustainable Tourism Assignment, MU, Singapore: Sustainable Tourism (ST) Has Gained Global Recognition By The Tourism Industry And Government Organizations
- Social Media Digital Marketing Report, SUSS, Singapore: Imagine That You Are The Social Media Manager Of A Small To Medium Organisation (Up To 250 Employees)
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Company Uses Normal Costing And Manufacturing Overhead Is Applied At The Rate Of 230% Of Direct Labor Cost
- ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: The Business Times Reported On 17 March 2022 That “Recovery In Visitor Arrivals To Singapore
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices