|Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)
|BUS353: Project Management
BUS353: Project Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore SG Tech is a small software design company set up in Singapore two years ago
SG Tech is a small software design company set up in Singapore two years ago. In SG Tech’s short period of trading, it has built up a strong local reputation working with small businesses to develop software applications. Two months ago, SG Tech accepted a large software development project from a local manufacturing company, although to date the company had no previous experience in managing a project of this scale. In addition, SG Tech already had a full order book from existing clients.
Mark was appointed as project manager; he is technically competent but is not happy about being responsible for team management and coordination. The project team has been given a broad outline of the timescales for the project activities, but it believes they are unrealistic.
When members of the team expressed their concerns to Mark, he stated that ‘as project manager, he had ultimate control over the project, and they should just get on with the job’. Mark added that ‘he was focused on the task, and this was his most important role as project manager.’ Mark’s approach has led to the project team becoming demotivated and less productive.
SG Tech has a limited number of software engineers available for its projects, so Mark has planned to assign them to the project as and when they are required. Once phase one of the project was underway, Mark allocated three software engineers to work full time on the project. One of the engineers became ill and one of the other engineers has been sent for by his line manager to carry out work on another project. This has reduced the number of software engineer hours available, and the project is already behind schedule. Mark is aware that without the additional engineers the project will not be delivered within the required timescales.
Mark knows the importance of a project sponsor for authorizing changes on the project. He is also aware that he needs to keep the project sponsor informed of any issues that might delay the progress of the project, but the project has started without the identification of a project sponsor. Although Mark understands the problems that are caused when the project is not updated for changes, he has decided that he will not adjust the plan for the delay until a sponsor is allocated to the project.
The client has now contacted the Finance Director of SG Tech and wants to arrange a meeting because it is not satisfied with the amount of contact it has with Mark as project manager. It is concerned that, as the customer for the project, its expectations are not being met.
You are required to write a minimum of 1200 words and answer parts (a) & (b).
(a) Explain the various challenges Mark is facing in the project due to his lack of people and project management skills, and how he could overcome them.
(b) Discuss the importance of undertaking a post-project and post-implementation review and provide examples of what would be involved in such a review for this software development project.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Need assistance with your BUS353: Project Management Assignment at Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)? Look no further! Our assignment help services in SG are designed to cater to the needs of Singaporean students. Whether it's your FYP or group-based assignments, our experts are here to guide you. Specifically, if you're struggling with the case of SG Tech, a small software design company in Singapore, pay our professionals for reliable solutions. Our Report Writing Service includes in-depth research, meticulous analysis, and well-structured reports. Trust us to provide you with top-notch assistance and excel in your BUS353 assignment at SUSS!
- In the month of December, Fruits Pte Ltd made credit sales of $15,000 and a cash sale of $5,000: Accounting Home Work, NUS, Singapore
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a complete Isometric Projection Drawing using as much space on a blank A4 Isometric
- MTD111 Isometic drawing Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A portable cooking stove – PCS, that may be packed in its own case and has the ability to be in either gas-fuel
- NCO111 Work And Learning In A Changing World Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Conduct A Critical Evaluation Of Your Learning Goals That Engage With The Arguments Expressed
- COMP4104 Cyber Security Assignment, LSBF, Singapore: “TradeX Finance Inc.” Is A Newly Incorporated Finance Organization, With Incorporations Obtained
- ECE316 Practitioner Enquiry And Learning Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Formulate TWO (2) Related Research Questions Based On The Given Topic, Which Could Be Narrowed Further
- BUSM1137 Human Resource Development Essay, RMIT, Singapore: In this assessment task, you are required to write a short essay of no more than 1500 words to critically discuss
- ANL355 Applied Operations Research Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Steve Young, A Senior Sales Development Representative At A Local Wellness Gift Shop
- CTI304 English-Chinese Translation Of Literary Works Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Complaints Of Poverty Of Poets Are As Old As Their Art, But I Never Heard That They Wrote The Worse
- Organizational behaviour Report SUSS, Singapore: The project should focus at the possible improvement in the learning process of your life experiences
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices