|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||BUS357: Starting and Managing a Business|
BUS357: Starting and Managing a Business Assignment, SUSS, Singapore You and a team of like-minded friends are going to graduate from SUSS soon. All of you are eager to start a new business together
You and a team of like-minded friends are going to graduate from SUSS soon. All of you are eager to start a new business together, having gained invaluable knowledge from various SUSS business-related courses.
The idea is to set up a new social enterprise, “The Green Code” (TGC), focusing on recycling organic materials and waste, such as food scraps or expired food ingredients from households. After brainstorming amongst yourselves and conducting a brief research of the market, it was agreed that the social enterprise would be based on community composting. With a greater
public awareness and the government’s call towards environmental sustainability, your team thinks that it is a good opportunity to get started.
According to the National Parks Board website, “Composting is a process in which organic material is broken down by bacteria and other microorganisms via decomposition. The resulting material is called compost, which can be used for gardening. Compost is a valuable soil additive for any garden, big or small. Mixing compost into your soil can improve drainage, increase organic matter and help your plants grow better.” (Source: https://www.nparks.gov.sg/gardening/gardening-resources/caring-for-plants/composting)
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
The business model of your social enterprise will be to setup community compost bins at designated locations in HDB flats to allow residents to deposit the various organic or food waste into the compost bins. At the compost bin, the participating resident will scan a QR code,
which then launches the TGC mobile app to identify the person. After validating the identity of the resident, the bin will automatically open to deposit their waste. Residents will be paid in “Green$”, a point system which the resident can accumulate to exchange for shopping vouchers.
Every day, your company will have a staff on roster to inspect the bins and to replace the bins as necessary for the organic decomposition to take place. The resultant compost will be removed from the bins and sold as fertilisers to the horticultural market.
Two of your friends are trained in IT, and they would design and develop the first version of the website and mobile app. You and another marketing student would be looking into the commercial aspects of the business.
Each of you can commit up to $15,000 to the social enterprise, but without business track record and experience, obtaining bank loans and equity financing to fund your business would be extremely difficult and out of the question during the start-up phase.
Now, your team decides to appraise and validate and test the business idea using a Validation Board before embarking on the new venture, to be certain that this business idea is viable before further committing time and money into it.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Empower your academic journey with Singapore Assignment Help and our specialized Essay Writing Services! If you're a student at the Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS), studying subjects like BUS357: Starting and Managing a Business, we're here to support you. Whether you're planning to launch a business with a team of like-minded friends or exploring the intricacies of entrepreneurship, our experts are ready to assist. Don't let academic challenges hold you back—partner with us to excel in your coursework today!
- BUS341 Business Negotiation: An International Perspective Case Study, MU, Singapore: What went wrong ( from an intercultural communication perspective )
- SOC263 Sociology of Education, SUSS, Singapore: There is no power relation without the correlative constitution of a field of knowledge, nor any knowledge
- English Essay, NTU, Singapore: Meritocracy has been upheld as a significant tenet of Singapore society. However, many critics argue
- Mechanical Engineering & Technology (topic strength of materials) Other, NTU, Singapore: A simply supported beam of a square cross-section of side 100mm with a uniform distributed
- Ports And Terminals Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Perform A Study On The Effect/Impact Of Oil Price On The Demand For Offshore Support Vessels (PSV/AHTSV) And/Or Mobile Offshore Drilling Units
- Mobile system and security Other, KU, Singapore: AMY Networks is a consultancy business that designs, installs, and operates different types of wireless and wired networks
- FIN2001S Economics and Market Innovations Assignment, UCD, Singapore: Discuss how can the mentioned multisided company use technology effectively to enhance business performance
- MGMT415 Airline Management Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Turkish Airlines Define Revenue Drivers, Cost Structures, The Importance Of Ancillary (Non-Flying) Revenues, The General Level Of Annual Profitability
- School of Diploma – PHRM: Individual Assignment Assignment, NYP, Singapore: DNR Wheels Pte Ltd is a leading provider of disability and rehabilitative equipment including
- BM1987 Employment law Assignment, NYP, Singapore: The ability to provide a clear and accurate summary of background, scope and coverage of the Employment
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices