|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||BUS362 IT-Enabled Business Transformation|
BUS362 IT-Enabled Business Transformation Assignment (TMA), SUSS, Singapore There is a slew of bakery businesses set up across Singapore. While some bakery businesses have physical stalls
There is a slew of bakery businesses set up across Singapore. While some bakery businesses have physical stalls, others only have a digital storefront. Still others have a mix of physical stalls and digital storefronts. The government has also permitted home bakeries and has made setting up home bakeries straightforward. Moreover, obtaining the ingredients required to make pastries, cakes, muffins, and other bakery products is easy.
A couple (John and Mary) also joined the bakery business bandwagon. Their bakery business— DelicieuxBakery—is an online baking business established during COVID-19. The couple acquired their baking skills by watching YouTube videos. Moreover, various places (e.g., community centres) offer baking lessons, and John has attended some. John and Mary took turns delivering the orders to their customers. The business of DelicieuxBakery was quite good during the pandemic period.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
However, DelicieuxBakery’s business has been relatively poor post-pandemic. This is not surprising, given that individuals can move around freely. Moreover, many bubble tea shops are set up across the island, and Singapore residents love bubble tea.
The couple came up with a new direction for their business by allowing customers to customise the bakery ingredients used in the bakes through their website. Given that the Singapore government encourages a healthy lifestyle, the couple believed the new business concept would work. For example, customers can reduce the sugar in the pastries or add blueberries and other fruits to their pastries. In addition, they allow customers to add special ingredients, such as rare wine imported from France. The prices of these pastries and other customised bakery products are significantly higher than pastries and bakery products of other bakeries. They tested the
new business concept with a small set of customers.
The business concept was well-received by customers. The couple was considering expanding their business. However, it is difficult to recruit workers in F&B, including bakeries, due to the working conditions. In addition, bakery business expansion requires expensive equipment such as ovens and refrigerators and significant capital. Some of this capital goes into the salary
payment of workers, the high rental costs, and online services employed by bakeries. However, the couple decided to go ahead with their expansion plans. The couple further rented a physical stall for their bakery business.
DelicieuxBakery managed to attain significant success eventually. Three years have passed. Confident in their business concept, the couple expands their bakery business to Southeast Asia. DelicieuxBakery has set up several bakery shops in various Southeast Asian countries. The workers at each shop report to the shop supervisor and the supervisor managing the operations in that country. Further, it is possible that workers of a shop report to other
supervisors of another shop due to the unique skills that these workers have. DelicieuxBakery’s customers in these countries can also order online. The couple plans to employ more technologies to increase their digital business footprint and to attract and retain customers.
(a) Formulate the IT triangle of the business by determining whether the IS strategy is aligned with the business strategy of DelicieuxBakery. Explain your answers with case facts.
(b) Appraise the application of business, organizational and information system strategies by using Michael Porter’s Five Competitive Forces framework to analyze the competition of the industry associated with DelicieuxBakery in Singapore. Indicate in your answer if the
competitive force is low, medium, or high. Support your answers with case facts.
(c) Analyse business environments, strategies, and the use of IS associated with DelicieuxBakery by:
(i) Identifying the formal reporting structure in its overseas expansion. Explain your answers with case facts.
(ii) Providing an example of data that DelicieuxBakery can capture and explain how it can be useful to DelicieuxBakery.
(iii) Discussing one (1) way in which national culture will impact IT (Given that IT
systems will change as DelicieuxBakery expands to Southeast Asia).
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
For Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS) students tackling BUS362 IT-Enabled Business Transformation, our comprehensive assignment writing service is here to support you. Whether you're working on tutor marked assignments or the challenging GBA (Group-Based Assignment), our experts are ready to guide you through the course. Gain deeper insights into the subject matter, especially as it relates to the proliferation of bakery businesses in Singapore, with our specialized Case Study Writing Help. When academic hurdles arise, pay our experts for the assistance you need to excel in your SUSS coursework. Trust us to be your academic partner on your journey to success.
- GER688 Applied Research in Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: A programme developer plans to come up with a service to provide counselling and guidance to older adults
- Gerontology Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Care Shield Life is a long-term care insurance scheme that provides basic financial support should Singaporeans become severely disabled
- Mechanical Engineering System Assignment, SIT, Singapore: You are part of a team that has been sent to the South Pole for experiments on the acceleration of gravity in extreme latitudes
- Business Information Systems Assignment, SIMGE, Singapore: Computation of Salaries using Excel Sportitude Pte Ltd is a fast-growing local sports retailer that offers a wide range of high-performance sporting apparel
- Vacuum Technology Assignment, NTU, Singapore: How many pumps will you be using for your vacuum system and explain your answer? Name the pumps used
- Analogue Electronic Assignment, SUSS, Singapore: Develop a design for an eight-floor elevator. The inputs/outputs are shown below. The elevator displays the moving direction
- Managing Change Essay, NUS, Singapore: Discuss and give examples of how organizational culture can influence organizational change
- Biostatistics and Epidemiology Research Paper, NUS, Singapore: Find and collect a set or few sets of biomedical related data dengue fever, covid, HFMD, cancer, etc
- English Essay, SUSS, Singapore: Many modern Singaporean families have both parents working. Such dual-income families often result in children spending less
- Organizations in a Global Context Assignment, KU, Singapore: There are three characteristics of a “black swan” event – rarity, extreme impact, and retrospective predictability
UP TO 15 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Assignment Completed At Lower Prices